• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Just purchased a 3900X and intend to use on X370?

There is a interesting spreadsheet --> here <-- that might be helpful.

There is also a number of reports of BIOS teething problems on various models.
Some of the problems include 'possible' unsafe overvolting on auto settings.

So be careful everyone.. no one wants to break their new toy on the first day. :)

Associate
I'm Really interested in this looking to do similar upgrade for my Asus X370 Prime Pro but I'm going to wait and let the dust settle before I upgrade.

Associate
I'll be trying this tonight. 3900X in a X370-F strix. In theory it should work, the BIOS updates have been done already, 2700x is fine on it. The VRMs should be fine too. I'm also hoping that my 3200 @2933 ram can finally run at least at 3200Mhz, so we'll see about that and report back.

Last edited:
Associate
I'll be trying this tonight. 3900X in a X370-F strix. In theory it should work, the BIOS updates have been done already, 2700x is fine on it. The VRMs should be fine too. I'm also hoping that my 3200 @2933 ram can finally fun at least at 3200Mhz, so we'll see about that and report back.

Be good to see these results especially the ram speed you end up at and whether the CPU IMC was the weak point.

Associate
There looks to be an issue with Gigabyte x370 boards running 3rd Gen ryzen chips (look in the gigabyte AM4 forum)

Looks like PCIE m.2 ssd modules do not work :(

Any gigabyte reps about here to look into this ?

Soldato
There looks to be an issue with Gigabyte x370 boards running 3rd Gen ryzen chips (look in the gigabyte AM4 forum)

Looks like PCIE m.2 ssd modules do not work :(

Any gigabyte reps about here to look into this ?

Well that doesn't look good at all. Just had a look at it's affecting B350 boards too. There's one report of RAM speed issues too and a couple of others on insane voltages. My 3900X is arriving today but guess it'll be sitting on the shelf until Gigabyte fixes these bugs.

@GIGA-Man is the Gigabyte UK rep.

Soldato
I’m going to be running a 3900x in my C6H. Apparently it should be fine. My only concern was the memory, I’ll be happy if I can get 3600 and ecstatic if I get 3733

I've got the same board with a 1800X and considering an upgrade (probably a 3700X but undecided), will you let all know how you get on? I "tried" to update the BIOS to Version 7003 a few weeks ago and it borked the system (the USB BIOS Flashback is a life saver), I see Version 7106 is out now but not tried it yet...

Cheers and good luck!

Associate
I've got the same board with a 1800X and considering an upgrade (probably a 3700X but undecided), will you let all know how you get on? I "tried" to update the BIOS to Version 7003 a few weeks ago and it borked the system (the USB BIOS Flashback is a life saver), I see Version 7106 is out now but not tried it yet...

Cheers and good luck!

Ok, so got it in there this evening (3900X). Booted up ok using 7106 bios. Then booted straight into 3600 ram and 1800 fclk. That’s with my memory in sig.

Timings on auto were 26,26,26,26 but changed to 16 and still booted in ok. Won’t do 14 though. Need 1usmus to write a new tool. Have given up for this evening, more playing tomorrow.

Need to do some thorough stability testing to make sure memory ok. Hopefully should be a breeze compared to gen1.

Lots of new options in the bios to, need to find out what is what!

G’nite.

Associate
Well i'm back running my 3900X on my Strix X370-F board, no real issues, had to clear the cmos when it posted into safe mode, but afterwards set bios to default settings and went into windows. Just now need to test my RAM speeds which I will do tomorrow. So far, quite happy.

No issues with NVMe drives either.

Associate
Well i'm back running my 3900X on my Strix X370-F board, no real issues, had to clear the cmos when it posted into safe mode, but afterwards set bios to default settings and went into windows. Just now need to test my RAM speeds which I will do tomorrow. So far, quite happy.

No issues with NVMe drives either.

So I also purchased a 3900X for my Strix X370-F. I can't wait to try it out. Nonetheless, isn't the current BIOS just a Beta BIOS? I mean it should work with the new processors just fine but I think there will be another Agesa update. My concern is that Board manufacturers will keep X370 on a beta status and focus on X570 and X470.

What do you think?

Soldato
Ok, so got it in there this evening (3900X). Booted up ok using 7106 bios. Then booted straight into 3600 ram and 1800 fclk. That’s with my memory in sig.

Timings on auto were 26,26,26,26 but changed to 16 and still booted in ok. Won’t do 14 though. Need 1usmus to write a new tool. Have given up for this evening, more playing tomorrow.

Need to do some thorough stability testing to make sure memory ok. Hopefully should be a breeze compared to gen1.

G’nite.

Thanks appreciate the update, keep your findings coming. I'm sure I'm no the only one who is thinking of a similar move (originally thought I'd need a new motherboard but if I can keep my CH6 with little to no performance hit I'll upgrade the CPU)

Soldato

G’nite.

That timing tool is only a rough guide anyway. Don't wait, get your hands dirty and start playing!

Associate
So I also purchased a 3900X for my Strix X370-F. I can't wait to try it out. Nonetheless, isn't the current BIOS just a Beta BIOS? I mean it should work with the new processors just fine but I think there will be another Agesa update. My concern is that Board manufacturers will keep X370 on a beta status and focus on X570 and X470.

What do you think?

Yes BIOS 5009 is really only a beta I think and as far as I know running ComboAM4 1.0.0.2. So I think an update should be coming soon. I sacrificed stability in my 2700x for this early 3900x set up, but i'm willing to tweak and wait for updates.

In general compared to others, ASUS have been keeping this x370 board well stocked with updates and better quality too. No missing options in the BIOS or breaking functionality that I can see. So I do expect ASUS to support this board further, had they not I may have bought a Taichi.

Back
Top Bottom