Pagid brake pads

Associate
So its that time where i need to look at replacing my brake pads all round. I'm tempted with going with some Pagid pads from Euro Car Parts, simply because with there current sale on, all four pads come out at just below £70, which is a bargain. I've never used Pagid before (as far as i can remember anyway) so was wondering what peoples thoughts were? Do they still perform okay, brake dust levels etc.

They will be going onto a 2018 Focus ST tdci, that's used for commuting and the odd thrash on B roads. I'm just after something equivalent to OEM performance.

Associate
OP
I'm just a bit skeptical i suppose. EuroCarParts, who are generally quite cheap compared to some, sell the brembo pads (front axle) for £92.99 for my car and yet amazon sell them for £25, just doesn't add up...

Associate
I'm just a bit skeptical i suppose. EuroCarParts, who are generally quite cheap compared to some, sell the brembo pads (front axle) for £92.99 for my car and yet amazon sell them for £25, just doesn't add up...
Eurocarparts show silly prices then email discount codes which bring the prices down to anywhere between reasonable and silly money - it's pot luck so shop around, get the part numbers from an online catalogue (such as manufacturer's website) and google the code and search ebay as many national motor factors are on there with 10,000s of feedback.
Autodoc+ is also really good. Reasonable prices and they list part number equivlents for OE and for virtually every aftermarket maker too so you can then google those.
Their prices are good but they rarely do free shipping so not great for smaller orders.

Associate
I used AutoDoc recently for some parts. Took a bit longer to be delivered (Come from Europe somewhere) but were cheaper than EPC even with the never-ending sale.

I found out who made the OE wheel bearings for my car, and got them for £54 each rather than £100+

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I have some Pagids on my rears atm and they seem ok. Pagid make the pads for some of the other brands, including Brembo.

Do you never get bored of just posting totally random stuff? Brembo is nothing to do with Pagid. Pagid is a brand of TMD friction who do a number of other brands such as Textar but not Brembo.

Man of Honour
Do you never get bored of just posting totally random stuff? Brembo is nothing to do with Pagid. Pagid is a brand of TMD friction who do a number of other brands such as Textar but not Brembo.
I like to think of it as Nasher bingo, enter thread in Motors see some complete fantasy posted as fact check poster and 9 times out of 10 you can call Bingo!

Associate
OP
No complaints with pagid pads here, but with the speed the OP burns through pads I'd recommend something from EBC :)
The pads still have some life in them, i was going to swap them out early for two reasons tbh, the first being that the brake fade is unreal with the original pads, i literally just have to brake heavy twice in a row in quick succession and my brakes feel absolutely useless at the next corner/roundabout, and the second being the amount of brake dust they produce is ridiculous which makes cleaning the alloys an absolute nightmare.
I think i may have to go down the route of getting a slightly better performing pad from EBC or the like.

Back
Top Bottom