People walk out of festival of ideas.. because they are offended by ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Surely if you attend such a thing, and disagree with someone's idea, the point is to stay and show disapproval, or even demonstrate why it's wrong? Pretty irresponsible to walk out rather than raising issue with something if you ask me.

Soldato
The gist of it seems pretty spot on to me. The golden age of Islam is a thing, as is warmongering and aggression. Enlightenment and and fighting aren't really uncommon traits for religions throughout the ages.

Not sure what there is to be offended about tbh.

Soldato
I would love to know what it's like to be offended by meaningless crap like this. What is their end game? Do they think they are making a beneficial difference by complaining about everything? All I see is weakness.
A good sign of intelligence is being able to change your mind and respect other people for having different viewpoints, the perpetually offended are a blight on society because it's their views or REEEEEEEEE. A consistant example of this can be seen below.
The irony is strong here.

Capodecina
Soldato
The Daily Mail is renowned for the quality of its reporting, editorial and proof-reading standards . . .
The Daily Rag said:
St George's Hall said that it is investigation his reference to Islam
"it is investigation" WTF :confused:

Incidentally, lay off Johnny Ball, he is a gentleman of advanced years and deserves to be treated with polite, sympathetic, understanding respect :D

Soldato
A good sign of intelligence is being able to change your mind and respect other people for having different viewpoints, the perpetually offended are a blight on society because it's their views or REEEEEEEEE. A consistant example of this can be seen below.

It's good that you can identify when a post triggers you. I recommend going to your safe space for a few hours.

Man of Honour
I can really tell I'm getting old when I see stories with this:

Mr Ball - who is the father of Zoe Ball

I loved Johnny Ball when I was a kid and I remember when Zoe was first being mentioned it was the other way around... "Zoe Ball - who is the daughter of Johnny Ball"

Soldato

The irony is strong here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom