• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Power colour rx 5700 xt

Associate
Hi all just bobbed on here to see if anyone has any ideas why this card isnt working !

Im running an old ish machine its a p6t delux with an x5680 and 12 gig of gskill with a hx1200i psu.

I can get the bios to display but as soon as you try to boot windows nothing just a black screen.
I have tried all pcie slots and took some ram out and even formatted c drive just incase and conflicts were there. Still no joy.
Any ideas.
Regards,
Karl.

Associate
OP
I have tried the tv aswell it a 4k, im stumped as it displays the bios fine and the post screen, it just may be the mb is too old.

Caporegime
I had a similar experience on an old board when moving from a GTX570 to 7970. Motherboard bios update was required in my case.

Soldato
I have installed win 10 and it does put some display drivers on as part of the installation. Would ddu take everything out ?

I would try and boot up in safe mode and remove those drivers. You shouldn't have to use DDU, do it via device manager.

Soldato
I can get the bios to display but as soon as you try to boot windows nothing just a black screen.
I have tried all pcie slots and took some ram out and even formatted c drive just incase and conflicts were there. Still no joy.
Any ideas.
Regards,
Karl.
Use DDU in windows safe mode. Set it to NEVER EVER AGAIN install the windows drivers. Download and install 19.7.1 drivers when you have connected the 5700XT.
Yea I recall when building a new media PC for my father using the 2200G (with on-board Vega graphic), it had the same problem with the windows update's installed driver literally make the screen go blank after the reboot and fail to get to the desktop.

Can't remember exactly what I did, but I think when installing windows I made sure I was disconnected from the internet so Windows would not update (which include installing graphic driver) as part of the initial setup. I downloaded the latest graphic driver and put in onto a USB stick, and installed it first thing after I got to the desktop the first time. After that connecting to the internet and restarting windows the screen would no longer go blank and stuck there and fail to get to the desktop.

This was like 8 months ago...can't believe MS still left that obviously borked AMD graphic driver there for people to update to...

Associate
OP
Hi guys,
Thanks for the responses.
Its looking like a problem with rhe xeon cpu and the instruction within like the security one. To be honest i have decided to upgrade the lot as it was getting a bit long in the tooth. See how this goes lol.
Many thanks
Karl.

Associate
OP
Thank you everyone who replied, i have decided to upgrade the rest of the system as its getting old. Should be here today.
Regards,
Karl.

Soldato
Thank you everyone who replied, i have decided to upgrade the rest of the system as its getting old. Should be here today.
Regards,
Karl.

Had similar problem when the 7970 came out and my Asus Rampage. Needed to upgrade the BIOS. Good luck with the rebuild, I hope you have fun, its always nice getting new toys.

Associate
OP
I hope the parts you bought is based around AMD Ryzen 2 CPU not the Intel dated 14nm CPU with vulnerabilities...
Yes mate
£59.16 x 1 - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C16 3000MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2D30
£157.49 x 1 - AMD Ryzen 7 Eight Core 2700 4.10GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail
£0.00 x 1 - FREE WITH CP-3AD-AM: AMD XBox Game Pass For PC Promotion
£91.66 x 1 - ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING (Socket AM4) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
£59.16 x 1 - Samsung 970 EVO Plus Polaris 250GB M.2 2280 PCI-e 3.0 x4 NVMe Solid State Drive

Soldato
Yes mate
£59.16 x 1 - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C16 3000MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2D30
£157.49 x 1 - AMD Ryzen 7 Eight Core 2700 4.10GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail
£0.00 x 1 - FREE WITH CP-3AD-AM: AMD XBox Game Pass For PC Promotion
£91.66 x 1 - ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING (Socket AM4) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
£59.16 x 1 - Samsung 970 EVO Plus Polaris 250GB M.2 2280 PCI-e 3.0 x4 NVMe Solid State Drive

I'd strongly recommend a Ryzen 3600 over the 2700. Same price.

Back
Top Bottom