Can family members sign passport

Associate
Looking to go on holiday next year my sister in law is a teacher can she sign our passports as me and the wife and kids dont have 1 as we've not been abroad for 20 years

Associate
OP
Doctor would be last person to ask as he would charge about £60 per person

My mates wife graduates as a nurse in a few weeks when she gets her pin I'll ask her were not going away till march so no huge rush

Soldato
Five years ago, when I got my first passport (for ID reasons rather than idle wanderlust) my boss, at a supermarket, signed the application for me. Wasn't sure he counted, but apparently he did.

I suspect anyone in an identifiable position of any responsibility that's known you for a while is probably 'good enough', but it was something that worried me a lot when I was scratching my head trying to find someone. I mentioned the hassle to my boss one night and he offered, having done it for someone else before.

Soldato
just renewed mine its a lot easier on line ,mine was decades out of date ,instead of someone signing your photo they just follow an email link to your uploaded pic and confirm its you ,i used a civil servant ,family friend.
had a bit of trouble with the site accepting my phone photo ,ended up at a photography shop and they did it for a tenner then gave me a code to enter online

Man of Honour
I hate these requirements - though I have a fairly wide circle of acquaintances I don't really form real relationships with people - quite ready come and go etc. and often work wise don't really have someone who can do it though currently I think my current boss could. Don't think my doctors will do these any more and I haven't been in years anyhow.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Everytime I need these doing. I have two friends that I can go to.
One works for the NHS and the other is a school teacher.

Soldato
I got my sisters boyfriend to sign mine. Is that allowed? Who knows. Anyway, I never got asked any questions about it at the passport interview.

Stupid system anyway.

I applied online and gave his email address so they could send him a link to login and sign. I never saw what he needed to put down.

Back
Top Bottom