Which music streaming service?

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Loved spotify but deezer found was better overall for myself.

There was one feature that made deezer much better then spotify, its not limited to just 5 or few similar found artist or most played tracks. Deezer just shows 20-50 tracks or dozen plus similar artist.

This way If I find a track I enjoy deezer will show me the top 10 or 50 most played tracks from that artist or 10+ similar sounding artist etc, spotify does not.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Spotify all the way.

Deezer app is donkey balls imo.

As for FLAC not many people thesedays have the equipment to appreciate it. Phone + cack headphones is a waste of time :)

Soldato
Apple Music easily.

But I have a lot of apple devices, never seen the point in any other music service because of this, I guess other services like Spotify are better when it comes to cross platform/device support though.

Soldato
As for FLAC not many people ...
in contrast bog standard youtube at 128Kb/s is not 'fun' ... they removed 192 they used to have ... and you have to pay for YTmusic to get 256aac, same as the 320(mp3?) you get on spotify.

I didn't realise Apple Music was too restrictive to Apple hardware .... with them providing AppleMovies apps on tv's now - I wouldn't expect AppleMusic to be limited.

Associate
I love Spotify, as far as I'm concerned, I'm paying for the release radar and discover weekly playlists, it's introduced me to so many more bands.

Soldato
I've just cancelled my Amazon music and switched to Spotify 2 weeks ago, have to say it's far superior; better sound quality, nicer interface, better recommendations, and I've found quite a few artists & songs that weren't on Amazon. The Android Auto interface is faaaar superior as well (and much more responsive)

Soldato
Hmm, going to have to remove my Spotify recommendation based on the fact they've just removed the widget from their android app, rendering it pretty useless for me...

Anyone recommend a decent service that supports android auto?

Soldato
business explanation ?

Let me tell you the reason they removed it. A lot of people using the widget, like me from the drawer on OnePlus, could directly play the music without the need to open the Homescreen. Why did Spotify hate this? Greed. Now they are selling space on their Homescreen to the music industry. Want to have your song on the users Homescreen? Pay.

Although probably only a minority uses the feature to directly play music from the widget, Spotify hates the idea of missing out revenue - even from paying customers like me. Easy solution: Remove the ability of the user to omit home screen.

Let's be clear: Maintaince of the widget costs them nothing. There is no user value in removing it, only business value.

Soldato
Spotify - is the best it has everything ive ever searched.
I can do what I need with the free account. paid price could be a little better but I dont need it anyway.

Man of Honour
Sadly Spotify mobile app seems to go through turns of good and bad and it could be significantly improved functionality wise though it mostly does the job for me.

My main use is Spotify but I also tend to buy off Amazon (or 1-2 other services if I can't find it there) a DRM free download of my top most listened to tracks in a month so I always have a decent offline library.

Permabanned
So I've no experience with music streaming services apart from YouTube

The ads now have driven me to pay for a service. On YouTube (which I listen to at work via work wifi) there are now ads every single song.
Often 2.

Out of principle I almost don't want to pay for the ad removal from YouTube.

I only have 5gb data allowance on my phone so I guess I'd need the ability to download as well as stream.

Options and suggestions? Don't need video really.

You can remove the ads via Ads block services. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-for-youtube/cmedhionkhpnakcndndgjdbohmhepckk?hl=en
Adblock for Youtube™

Back
Top Bottom