Gallardo shocked at how expensive they are.

Caporegime
To be fair, the 360's have been on the upward curve now for a year or 2.

All mildly interesting cars have held their money well for the last few years, even old dross has been going up, look at the prices of old Fords. The bubble surely has to burst.

Even my 9 year old Volvo is worth more than some of these newer V40 from 2016!

Soldato
OP
You don’t seem to grasp the market for these nor done any research as to what the values are.

Yes £65k is a lot of money but nothing out of the ordinary for one of those.

And your second point about getting similar cars for half or less, well sure of course you can get similar for a lot less, similar is not the same though is it?

Nope I definitely don’t understand the market, but I don’t think many do.

Usually similar cars and things in general cost similar money.

Associate
The badge is everything, if its a lambo or a ferrari then it'll only depreciate so much.

You have got to really want one though, otherwise when you look at other similar types of cars, you can get a lot more bang for your buck.

The R8's start around £30k now? im sure 40 gets a pretty good example, and way newer than 2004. Aston V8 vantage, £30k-40 thats a lot of car for the money.

Also if you had to spend £60k and the choice was a 2004 gallardo or a 2015 AMG GT, you have got to reeeeeaaaally want the lambo, even then its a tough choice.

Caporegime
back in the day they were fast these days not really but it's not the straight line speed that you get from a car like that..

there's noise, character, body lines, the badge alone makes certain people feel happy inside etc etc.. it's the whole package.

personally I would never buy one but I don't particularly like anything lambo/ferrari etc.

I'd rather a basic v8 r8 to be honest as it's a prettier car from my pov and can be had for 40k in good nick.

but I wouldn't buy either for performance as they're now "slow" as hot hatches.

the interior of lambos is mental. i don't know about ones that old but recent ones the seats are probably worth £30K alone. then you have to see the dash, etc. it's essentially an oil sheiks wet dream of a car.

£60K for a lambo is cheap.

so I think OP was upset he couldn't afford one but never bothered to check prices before viewing and expected it to be cheap and is now upset but doesn't realise it or willing to admit it.

it's a lambo. it will always be worth stupid money. even if he set wrote it off someone would pay stupid money for the parts.

Caporegime
What puzzles me most about this thread is you apparently want us to believe you were potentially going to buy a 15year old Lamborghini off a friend of a friend and presumably - had the price been more acceptable to you - would have concluded this was a great idea and gone ahead? :p

Soldato
the interior of lambos is mental. i don't know about ones that old but recent ones the seats are probably worth £30K alone. then you have to see the dash, etc. it's essentially an oil sheiks wet dream of a car.

£60K for a lambo is cheap.

so I think OP was upset he couldn't afford one but never bothered to check prices before viewing and expected it to be cheap and is now upset but doesn't realise it or willing to admit it.

it's a lambo. it will always be worth stupid money. even if he set wrote it off someone would pay stupid money for the parts.

as soon as VAG group took over lambos had audi parts.. think gallardo has most of audi a3 stuff inside.. :D

audi does make good interiors. No questions asked.

Soldato
OP
What puzzles me most about this thread is you apparently want us to believe you were potentially going to buy a 15year old Lamborghini off a friend of a friend and presumably - had the price been more acceptable to you - would have concluded this was a great idea and gone ahead? :p

Yeah pretty much :p Probably should explain more, I’ve been planning on buying a 817 Cayman.

Caporegime
as soon as VAG group took over lambos had audi parts.. think gallardo has most of audi a3 stuff inside.. :D

audi does make good interiors. No questions asked.

having been in a couple of lambos and a couple of a3's including the 3.2 litre quattro (audi's answer to the R32). they were nothing alike inside.

Soldato
having been in a couple of lambos and a couple of a3's including the 3.2 litre quattro (audi's answer to the R32). they were nothing alike inside.
I don't mean they're the same..

but sat navs, switches etc often is shared.

nothing wrong with that.

lambo obviously uses higher quality leather, more carbon fibre and other "exotic" materials.

Caporegime
Yeah pretty much :p Probably should explain more, I’ve been planning on buying a 817 Cayman.
That explains a bit better, without going “Fox” and taking a mental note of who around here can seriously consider such things as opposed to those who wish they could it’s a bit difficult to keep up!

I’d still be wary of a friend of a friend on the face of it (there are “friends” & friends...) I’d be wanting some kind of dealer / warranty backup, especially on a Supercar, even if it isn’t relatively as “Super” these days, the one thing they don’t do with age is lose the ability to inflict serious wallet pain! :D

Soldato
OP
That explains a bit better, without going “Fox” and taking a mental note of who around here can seriously consider such things as opposed to those who wish they could it’s a bit difficult to keep up!

I’d still be wary of a friend of a friend on the face of it (there are “friends” & friends...) I’d be wanting some kind of dealer / warranty backup, especially on a Supercar, even if it isn’t relatively as “Super” these days, the one thing they don’t do with age is lose the ability to inflict serious wallet pain! :D

Yeah I work hard and save my penny’s, it’s not something I could buy out of the blue.

Associate
The older Lambo (can't remember the year, maybe late 2000s) I had a look in had quite a few of the same switches as my Skoda. That brought out a chuckle.

Not sure I would buy a 2004 for £60k, but mainly due to the maintenance cost. However, I can definitely see the appeal and can understand why the market is around that level. If The Boss was going to allow me to spend £60k on a car, it'd be a Caterham 620R - pretty much anything that isn't a hypercar could then eat my dust!

Caporegime
Sagaris is one of my favourite cars (looks wise). the exhausts were insane on it iirc.

jaguar xj220
supra

all of them going up in value apart from the jaguar i imagine. but it's possible that could be too due to rarity.

Soldato
Another one I bet will go up in value (but hasn't yet) is the original Jag XKR. Partly because it's styled on the e-type.

Back
Top Bottom