Amazon Prime Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Just got myself a 500GB SSD for £28 to replace my 500GB Samsung EVO Pro that died.

It's still in warranty but the amount of info Samsung wanted from me to RMA it was frankly ridiculous so not bothering with that.

Soldato
Bought an Echo Dot. I assume you can use Spotify Premium on these without Amazon Prime?
I keep unplugging my Sonos from my kitchen and putting it in the bedroom when I want music in there so this seems like a cheap alternative.

Soldato
Nabbed a Galaxy Watch Active for £138.18, then spotted the Galaxy Watch 46mm for £165.76. So now I've got both coming, and I'll send one back. Also tempted to give the Fossil Sport a go as I'd prefer Wear OS. Just concerned about mixed opinions on battery life and performance, as is the case with pretty much every Wear OS device.

Also bought a Kindle. Just the basic model, but can't go wrong for £50 really now that it has a front light. I'll probably save more than that on books over the next year.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just got myself a 500GB SSD for £28 to replace my 500GB Samsung EVO Pro that died.

It's still in warranty but the amount of info Samsung wanted from me to RMA it was frankly ridiculous so not bothering with that.

That's cheap, usually pay that for 240GB.

I bought a USB cable, exciting :p

Caporegime
Oh I just had to buy a microwave from Amazon for the office as it burnt out when one of the girls was cooking her potato (ooor errr)

The microwave was about 15 years old! Some cheapo thing from ASDA that cost £20!

Caporegime
Their own ones are rebranded Eneloops :)

i see this quoted a lot apparently ikea's are also rebranded eneloops too.

but never any real conclusive proof. over time they tend to lose their power quicker and not last as long but are considerably cheaper.

i went with recyko in the end. apparently the best you can buy in terms of performance per pound.

Soldato
i see this quoted a lot apparently ikea's are also rebranded eneloops too.

but never any real conclusive proof. over time they tend to lose their power quicker and not last as long but are considerably cheaper.

i went with recyko in the end. apparently the best you can buy in terms of performance per pound.

The Amazon Basics black variant are the ones I've heard are rebranded eneloops (i.e. the ones made in Japan), not sure about the other ones

Saw 1 test which showed them with similar discharge rate over number of days etc

Here's the video I watched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC3RlKyW2Mg

Caporegime
Mine delivered...
Didn't knock on door (I was in at the time).
Left a card with an unreadable name and scarpered before I could open the door.
No boxes ticked to say what he'd done with it.
Online tracking said it was handed to me.

After contacting Amazon it seems he left it in the back garden. I guess they are so busy today they just leave it and "run". Understandable given the volume of parcels they must have today (although very frustrating for the customer who then has to chase Amazon to find out where it is).

get yourself a video doorbell and cloud recording. then you can see what they do

Soldato
Nabbed a Galaxy Watch Active for £138.18, then spotted the Galaxy Watch 46mm for £165.76. So now I've got both coming, and I'll send one back. Also tempted to give the Fossil Sport a go as I'd prefer Wear OS. Just concerned about mixed opinions on battery life and performance, as is the case with pretty much every Wear OS device.

Also bought a Kindle. Just the basic model, but can't go wrong for £50 really now that it has a front light. I'll probably save more than that on books over the next year.

Gear S3 or Galaxy watch for £165?

Soldato
What I hate is I am looking for something under £15 and there is a section for Under £15 and yet when I open it it contains every item in Prime Day because it's basing it on start price and the range can go upwards of £100. What is the point in a low price category.

Amazon website is proper **** for that these days. See something at mega low price, select it and suddenly it's £30 more because, well no idea really !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom