Being asked to confirm your neighbour’s name

Soldato
OP
I’m going to tell him when I see him. Saw his missus earlier but she doesn’t need to know. Based on things I’ve heard through the walls in arguments whilst trying to sleep, I’m confident the reason has been mentioned on here.

To be honest I tried to play the vague card with the woman as she annoyed me and I wanted to frustrate her. She took me by surprise at first and may believe I confirmed his name but there’s no way she could be sure based on what I said.

Soldato
Quite likely you had a field agent visit you instructed by your neighbours mortgage lender.

They tend to operate low key and will not disclose any details.

What they were trying to establish is the occupancy details.

Commissario
And if they keep knocking on...still none of my business?

If they ask a bit more firmly next time...still none of my business?

If they keep knocking asking about your neighbours you tell them to stop it and that they are harassing you, if they continue after that you contact the police.

The police, council etc will always ID themselves, even the gas and electricity board will show ID, the only people that don't tend to be those that are either up to no good, or debt collectors chancing it (proper court appointed ones will wear ID, and even with them you don't have to give information about anyone else).

You have no obligation to give any information about anyone to random people, and if they're in any way official (IE police) they'll ID themselves, otherwise it doesn't matter if they're debt collectors or whatever.

Soldato

Take a photograph of the guy(s) and/or make a note of his number plate and call the Police.

That way, when you die a horrible death at the hands of some nutjob they'll be able to search back in their records and be able to solve the case. You'll die, safe in knowledge that you'll have the last laugh because he will be caught. This is important.

Back
Top Bottom