Hiring remote hands

Soldato
I'm going to need to put two or three servers in a datacentre somewhere and unfortunately can't be there. What is the procedure of hiring remote hands to the install for you? Also will probably want an ongoing support contract with them.

Soldato
What geographic area are you looking for?

Give thought on how you'll setup (secure) out-of-band management network which can provide a "get out of jail" option. That could be HP iLO / Dell iDRAC (etc) remote server management, APC PDU with remote power cycling etc. If you regularly need remote hands, you're doing something wrong!

Soldato
OP
What geographic area are you looking for?

Give thought on how you'll setup (secure) out-of-band management network which can provide a "get out of jail" option. That could be HP iLO / Dell iDRAC (etc) remote server management, APC PDU with remote power cycling etc. If you regularly need remote hands, you're doing something wrong!

The remote hands are primarily for installing, upgrading and removing hardware. I'm perfectly able to handle the hardware side remotely.

One of my major questions I have is which server hardware provider to use? I'm tempted to go with Dell just because they are so well known.

Edit: I meant I could handle the software side of things.

Back
Top Bottom