Manspreading, the curse of . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I was thinking about this earlier today on a bus.

With my knees firmly wedged against the back of the next row of seats.

Until someone left.

Then I could change my discomfort to merely sitting weirdly angled across two seats.

You could actually get them behind the seat in front? I can't do that and sit down at the same time, not without breaking my kneecaps at anyrate.

Can we invent a device that stops women putting their bags on the seat next to them in the expectation that people will be happy to stand on a busy train instead of inconveniencing them?
Or you could have the balls (pun intended) to ask them to move their bag.

When they ignore you and glare at you like they wished you'd drop dead right in front of them, is it ok then?

Soldato
You could actually get them behind the seat in front? I can't do that and sit down at the same time, not without breaking my kneecaps at anyrate.

I'm a little shorter than average.

A couple of rows in front there were two guys that were taller who were doing a good impression of "manspreading" with one knee out into the aisle.

I think the bus dimensions were specced for the average woman and children not grown men.

Man of Honour
Design a chair that swallows &nd ejects the passenger if certain criteria is met ;

Overuse of perfume/aftershave - have a shower, dont douse youself in cheap smellies in the hope no-one will notice.Even Bluebottles will die gettibg close to you.

Bluetooth conversations- i don,t want sit next to someone who randomly spouts out words to thin air.

Disable social media - theres nothing like a group of people laughing like chimpanzees on crack watching a video of their mate, to make me want to throw myself under the bus i,m on.

Eating - no i don,t want to hear or smell your need to consume food because you cant survive that 15 minute jouney without stuffing your face.

ELBOWS - Aargh too much.............

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

The judges said Ms Laurel's chairs were imaginative and cleverly presented

I concur. I can see why she won the award. These kind of things are there to promote discussion, and well, here we are ;)

Associate
It is amazing how (some) people have interpreted this as an outrageous Feminist attack on their inalienable, selfish right to occupy as much space as they want on a tube train, bus or cinema seat.

Get over your sensitive selves - if you don't like behaving considerately, STAND UP and give your seat to someone with better manners than you or stay home and sprawl slob like on a sofa consuming cheap lager and watching Desperate Housewives.

Manspreading I get, it’s irritating for most people and it’s mostly men that do it. But when combined with other fourth wave feminist vocabulary such as bropropriating, mansplaining and manterrupting, it starts to annoy me. Taking credit for things that are not yours or acting in a condescending manner is something that all genders engage in. I say all genders in a vague attempt to be PC, because honestly I have no idea how many there are meant to be now. But that’s another conversation entirely.

Associate
I hate sitting next to people because I can't "manspread" ***** painful when you've got knee, quad and back injuries. And sometimes you can't even avoid it, the gap between seat rows on busses is so small can't physically have legs straight.

Soldato
I'm 6'2, so even when sitting normally the angle of difference from the length of my leg bone is going to make it look like its more spread, sitting with my knees close more together isn't comfortable for me.

Caporegime
It's just the nanny state trying to control how people sit by making buzzwords that people with nothing better to do in life cling onto. Isn't this the very essence of Fascism? in totalitarian states most of the policing is done by normal people to one another and people start acting (or in this case sitting) a certain way out of fear of being reported or attacked by the conformists etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom