Cheap B450 for 2600?

Associate
Could you point me some cheap but decent b450 boards that will be more than enough for 2600 and 1 m.2 stick. I've heard there are some MSi boards that are trending.

Regards
Current prices are a little high, they've both been cheaper before.

MSI B450M Mortar (micro-ATX):
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-b450m-mortar-socket-am4-ddr4-matx-motherboard-mb-348-ms.html

MSI B450 Tomahawk (ATX):
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-b450-tomahawk-socket-am4-ddr4-atx-motherboard-mb-33t-ms.html

Associate
OP
Associate
note however some people (with B450 mobos') have been having bios flash problems when updating the bios for 3rd gen ryzen due to some bios eeprom chips only being 16mb. MSI are bringing out some MAX boards with 32mb chips.

Associate
note however some people (with B450 mobos') have been having bios flash problems when updating the bios for 3rd gen ryzen due to some bios eeprom chips only being 16mb. MSI are bringing out some MAX boards with 32mb chips.

But it's for a 2600, so BIOS not an issue going from the thread title.

Associate
Can I chip in please, thinking about buying a MSI B450M Mortar also.

However, I will need to use wi-fi rather than a cable.

I was planning on using just one of those £5 WiFi adapters.

My question is what's the advantage of using the board mentioned above? B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC.

Man of Honour
B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC.
best value for money as it comes with good wifi already. better than those £5 wifi adapters you are looking at.

of course if you are looking at getting wifi just for web browsing, then any old adapter will be sufficient and therefore makes the mortar + cheap adapter better value.

Associate
Can I chip in please, thinking about buying a MSI B450M Mortar also.

However, I will need to use wi-fi rather than a cable.

I was planning on using just one of those £5 WiFi adapters.

My question is what's the advantage of using the board mentioned above? B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC.

Another major difference is that the MSI B450M Mortar is micro-ATX size, whereas the MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC is ATX size.

Associate
Yeah, it sounds like I need to research the in's and outs of what an adapter can and can't do.

That's not entirely clear to me currently, as I've used one to game previously :confused:

Associate
OP
Depends on your network speed, those cheap edimax add in wifi modules will be alright for speeds up to 100 mbps up/down. If you have a better connection you will need an AC network card or a mobo that already has one on it.

Back
Top Bottom