How long do you keep your casual clothes for?

Soldato
Havn't bought any cloths (apart from socks/boxers) since I was in University, so around 8 years.

Few pairs of jeans - all from Matalan, wash well, very easy and quick to iron and are comfy.
Some hoodies - all pain colour (black/red/blue/navy/grey etc) I cycle them throughout the week.
Few pairs of high top converse in various colours.
T-shirts are all from Qwertee and a few from those GeekBox/Lootbox things that I got into for a little while.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Really? Do you have thin legs/"skip leg day" so to speak?

I've never been able to find jeans that last particularly long.

Depends a lot on brand - a lot of brands like Levi aren't anything like the quality or thickness of material they used to be in them I'm wearing a hole near the heels within a couple of years, etc. while other brands like Wrangler just seem to go on forever.

Associate
I don't get hung up on how long I've had particular items of clothing - as long as they're intact and not scruffy. I don't doubt for a second that I've probably got several pairs of boxer shorts that are five years or more in age.

I have a shirt from 15 years ago that STILL fits and looks good :cool:
I've still got a black biker jacket that I bought roundabout my 18th birthday in 1987 - it's still in good nick and, having filled out a bit in the last 30-odd years, actually fits me better now than it did back then.

Soldato
Really? Do you have thin legs/"skip leg day" so to speak?

I've never been able to find jeans that last particularly long.
I’ve got a fair few pairs of scotch & soda jeans. I’ve had them about 3 years now. :) my black jeans haven’t even shown any fading yet. They’re expensive but they pay for themselves with how long they last.

Edit. To answer the thread. I bin stuff I don’t like all the time. And enjoy wearing new stuff. Nothing beats the feel of new clothes

Soldato
Mine just sort of evolve into clothes I wear in the garage because I won't wear them out any more, then they get ruined.

Or..I think "I'll just quickly do that non-dirty job in the garage." and then it turns into a greasy job and I ruin clothes I like.

Soldato
Mine just sort of evolve into clothes I wear in the garage because I won't wear them out any more, then they get ruined.

Or..I think "I'll just quickly do that non-dirty job in the garage." and then it turns into a greasy job and I ruin clothes I like.

Glad I’m not the only one. I had a sort out the other day as I decided I didn’t need 6 pairs of jeans for the garage :D

Though I have the added, I’ll do this job that isn’t dirty or in the garage...wtf where did that oil/grease/dirt come from :(

Soldato
Most of mine are second hand too.

My missus runs a shop that sells designer stuff, mainly women's, but she has a few male clients she sells on behalf of.

Honestly the amount of stuff people spend hundreds on, wear a couple of times and I get for £10/20.

I got 6 really nice Vivienne Westwood shirts for work, £15 each, I don't think some of them had been worn but "I'm into Givenchy now so they've got to go." Mentalists!

Associate
I'm at a cross roads atm. I've been keeping my wardrobe largely unchanged for years (I'm a poor student) but I'm at the point where everything is falling to pieces.

I have quite a lot of clothes that are one size to small, some of which have never been worn, so I'm dieting in order to prevent me having to spend loads of cash on replacing everything at once.

Associate
Keep them until they wear out or I don't like them anymore.

Probably twice a year I'll have a cull and get a few new things.

Some t-shirts I'll wear a couple of times and decide I made a mistake getting it, some I'll wear for years and years (1 cheap primark t-shirt is still going strong after 5 years surprisingly).

Back
Top Bottom