Bowel cancer screening test

Soldato
The laxative the day before needs a new recipes, its not horrible but neither that tasty.
normally says in the instructions that you can add a drop of lemon or grapefruit cordial to it to help with the taste. not bothered personally as i don't mind it (or rather i am probably used to it) and i actually quite enjoy the 'clearing out' - that first bite to eat after the procedure is heavenly. :D

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Twas a little bit tender down that neck of woods before i went to bed last night.

Supprisingly i wasnt that hungry but it was the best tastng beans on toast i have had. Your spot on about the nice feeling of being empty though.

Soldato
OP
Well that was a interesting experience.... (especially with jetlag)

Decided to go without any sedation, wise choice tbh, once you get passed the one way valve that is. I was rather tense and the first attempt was aborted well for a couple minutes till everything relaxed again then off it went up and in, round varius corners.

Good news is nothing found apart from the removal of a tiny polyp.

Its mainly uncomfortable and really nothing to worry about the staff were fantastic, The Dr was great stopping everytime to freeze the picture and explain everything as i was rather inquisitive about the entire thing.

If you get called up do not worry so much about it.

P.s

The laxative the day before needs a new recipes, its not horrible but neither that tasty.

Excellent mate, I'm delighted nothing was found and well done for getting through it! :)

I got my results about a couple of weeks ago from the screening test and the results were normal. They put a disclaimer on which I was told is standard procedure that the test isn't 100% foolproof and that I'll be sent a new one every 2 years till I'm 70.

Back
Top Bottom