Phanteks Evolv X or Dark Base 700?

Associate
Ok, I have had enough waiting for the H510i to even show up for preorder, so new case time. Finding a similar small case like the H510 is problematic, so it looks like I am going to move the pc location and can just go for a bigger case.

I want to keep this nice and quiet (as much as I can), so that’s a major factor in which case to buy.

Will be using a Kraken X62, so that will either be front or top mounted. Then will be using 3 fans within the case to keep the air moving (will have a 2080ti so that’s important). Not much in the price separating the two, as once you add on the extra fan to the 700, they are pretty close in price.

Review are contradicting to say the least, especially as most don’t add in extra fans or a AIO cooler for testing. One review has the Phanteks as quieter and just of 30 decibels, while another has it as 40+!

Any advice before I order tonight (or is it just save the cash and go for a Silent Base 601)?

Soldato
Evolv x owner here,waited a while for a case like this.
Best cable management in all the cases I've ever had,great fan filters they work very well and still let plenty of air in and they are very easy to clean.
Comes with rgb :) I will be water cooling soon as I'm saving for the last few parts to finish it off and I've seen that barrow now do a water distribution panel to make things a bit more cleaner.

Associate
OP
Evolv x owner here,waited a while for a case like this.
Best cable management in all the cases I've ever had,great fan filters they work very well and still let plenty of air in and they are very easy to clean.
Comes with rgb :) I will be water cooling soon as I'm saving for the last few parts to finish it off and I've seen that barrow now do a water distribution panel to make things a bit more cleaner.

What is the noise like from the fans? That’s what most reviews either fail to mention or disagree on!

Soldato
Took the stock ones out and replaced them with 5 140mm corsair MLS,the stock ones are quiet as you have the on board pwm fan controller to what ever speed you require.
I run the corsairs at about 1100 rpm day to day but the warm weather has forced me to up them.

OcUK Staff
Evolv X all day long. Dark Base 700 is decent don't get me wrong, but Evolv X is probably the best case in it's class on the market today. Plus it's currently £20 off with a free DRGB Starter Kit worth £36.95 :)

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Evolv X all day long. Dark Base 700 is decent don't get me wrong, but Evolv X is probably the best case in it's class on the market today. Plus it's currently £20 off with a free DRGB Starter Kit worth £36.95 :)

Which colour would you recommend? Also, are you able to tell us how long the current discount will last for, and also if the free DRGB kit is for a limited time. I wasn't really looking to buy a new case now, but this has peaked my interest! :D

OcUK Staff
Which colour would you recommend? Also, are you able to tell us how long the current discount will last for, and also if the free DRGB kit is for a limited time. I wasn't really looking to buy a new case now, but this has peaked my interest! :D

I've got the Gunmetal, It's my favourite, but they all look superb :) Current discount is till 11/8, DRGB kit is also till 11th :)

Soldato
Gunmetal Evolv X here, only thing that could be better is if you could swap the top panel for the flow edition as heat gets trapped in the top panel with a radiator, If I take the top panel off my temps will drop 5-6c.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
With the Evolv X, will the IO panel door still close if there is a USB dongle in place? (I keep my MS wireless keyboard dongle in a front USB port because I often swap it to use with my laptop.)

Soldato
Ordered one too, in the Silver, with my new rig.

So I just came to unpack mine now.... I immediately noticed something wasn't right. A sound of a million shards of glass trickling down inside the case... :(

I got as far as getting it out of the box still in it's cover and just put it straight back in as to not put glass everywhere.

Back to Overclockers it goes.

@Phanteks_Care Worth noting, either DPD dropped this badly or it's not packaged well enough.

Caporegime
So I just came to unpack mine now.... I immediately noticed something wasn't right. A sound of a million shards of glass trickling down inside the case... :(

I got as far as getting it out of the box still in it's cover and just put it straight back in as to not put glass everywhere.

Back to Overclockers it goes.

Ouch, sorry to hear that mate :(

Hope you get it sorted quick :)

Just picked my new rig up today.

New-Ryzen-Rig.jpg

Really is a beautiful case.

Soldato
Ouch, sorry to hear that mate :(

Hope you get it sorted quick :)

Just picked my new rig up today.

New-Ryzen-Rig.jpg

Really is a beautiful case.

I'm not going to lie, I've had issues with the last 3 orders with Overclockers, all this week. I'm extremely disappointed. I've raised it all with them, so we'll see what happens. Shout out to @Bailey, who's been good in the past.

The case looks lovely! I went for Gun Metal. Fingers crossed the next one arrives okay.

Back
Top Bottom