Campaigners have called for the government to scrap the two-child limit on benefits

Soldato
Depends on why people aren't working possibly. As usual it's about money and resources. We'd end up in famine conditions if everyone expected handouts. So what's the solution, is there enough money in the kitty to pay for this, will it culture a large section of work shy people who expect everything to be handed to them?

Caporegime
Looks like exemptions are granted when the circumstances are such that it would be unfair (unexpected multiple-birth, victim of rape, et al). Can’t see why those who chose to plan for a 3rd+ child couldn’t have worked out beforehand that they couldn’t afford said third child.

Commissario
Looks like exemptions are granted when the circumstances are such that it would be unfair (unexpected multiple-birth, victim of rape, et al). Can’t see why those who chose to plan for a 3rd+ child couldn’t have worked out beforehand that they couldn’t afford said third child.
Well apart from the whole things change in your life unexpectedly...

Soldato
Kids cost money. If you can't afford them then don't have them.

There should be nothing which encourages rampant reproduction. World population is high enough. If the policy makes people not have loads of children then it's a good thing.

Soldato
I dont see why i shoud have to pay for anyone else, unless disabled or old. The culture of council estate mums “have a few kids and dont go to work (by various dads)” needs to end

Caporegime
Well apart from the whole things change in your life unexpectedly...
And whilst you can’t predict the future, you can plan for it. I want a second child, but don’t feel like I can guarantee the standard of living I want to provide if I were to lose my job (I could survive for a decnt while with just the one), so until I’ve sorted that out, I won’t have a second.

It’s called forethought.

Soldato
Why should I pay for the first two? In all likelihood said children wont have a positive impact on society I.e. gross tax payer but instead they will be just like their parents.

Bit then again I have the same opinion of ivf on the NHS, if you can save up £10k for the private option then in likelihood you cant actually afford to raise a child correctly.

But what do I know

Soldato
Why should I pay for the first two? In all likelihood said children wont have a positive impact on society I.e. gross tax payer but instead they will be just like their parents.

Bit then again I have the same opinion of ivf on the NHS, if you can save up £10k for the private option then in likelihood you cant actually afford to raise a child correctly.

But what do I know

I dont agree with that. Not in an “your an idiot for your views” way but just i disagree, not many people have 10k to spare, if you work hard, have made the decision to try and have a child but cant because of medical reasons then imo nhs treatment is there to help

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

My wife’s sister boils my blood...

5 kids (3 dads), 40 years old and never worked a day in her life. Complains all the time about money but she’s constantly got a cigarette on the go.

Nearly all the children are “autistic” or “disabled” (admittedly one is) but I feel like she’s pushed to get diagnosis for the rest because she wants more money from the state.

I can’t stand the handout mentality, but then I’ve always worked and couldn’t accept financial aid for sitting on my arse all day. Call me stupid but it is wrong and shameful.

Why should the honest man pay for a family to pump out 3,4,5 or 6 kids just because they get more money per x kid? Silly.

Back
Top Bottom