27" 1440 144hz Primary monitor?

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Preferably one with thin bezels, my budget is around £200 and a max of £250.

I have a Ryzen built PC with a GTX 1070 as the graphics card so assuming I would need a monitor with G-sync

Soldato
Preferably one with thin bezels, my budget is around £200 and a max of £250.
I have a Ryzen built PC with a GTX 1070 as the graphics card so assuming I would need a monitor with G-sync

27" 1440p 144Hz with G-Sync isn't going to be anywhere near that budget. Double it and you'll have a few options.

If you drop to 1080p then you'll likely get something.

Off the top of my head the Dell 2719DGF would be a pretty decent fit as although it's Freesync, it is G-Sync compatible but that's the best part of £350.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
27" 1440p 144Hz with G-Sync isn't going to be anywhere near that budget. Double it and you'll have a few options.

If you drop to 1080p then you'll likely get something.

Off the top of my head the Dell 2719DGF would be a pretty decent fit as although it's Freesync, it is G-Sync compatible but that's the best part of £350.

Treble your budget.

£250 ?...you need to at the very least double your budget
I see I am way out of budget then.

In that case, is it possible to get a 1440p at only 60hz? I will look at 1440p 144hz option in the future but for the time being 1440p @ 60hz is enough for me as my monitor is broken and I eventually want to upgrade to a dual monitor setup

Soldato
I see I am way out of budget then.

In that case, is it possible to get a 1440p at only 60hz? I will look at 1440p 144hz option in the future but for the time being 1440p @ 60hz is enough for me as my monitor is broken and I eventually want to upgrade to a dual monitor setup

60Hz ?...I think you would be better off waiting and saving some more money or have a look at some of these
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/monitors/by-type/freesync-g-sync-compatible?p=1&l=table2

Last edited:

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
Associate
No Gsync, but I got my Dell UH2715H second hand from ebay for around that price. Like new. Looks gorgeous and runs just fine for me.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
No Gsync, but I got my Dell UH2715H second hand from ebay for around that price. Like new. Looks gorgeous and runs just fine for me.

Ive just bought a Dell U2518D from Ebay for £190 (£200 with delivery). Its used, but it looks really good condition, arrives today so looking forward to seeing how it looks. Ive only ever heard good things from these 1440p Dell monitors, so im excited!

Associate
Not sure about the U2518D. I know that some people who upgraded from the old UH25/27 to the newer models complaint that they weren't up to par. Thus, the old monitors have kept the resell value (It cost me the same the second hand and the new one, even after 3 years of buying the first).

I hope they work for you though. In my experience the colors are great, it looks slick from the outside and gives me 0 issues.

You will let us know

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
Not sure about the U2518D. I know that some people who upgraded from the old UH25/27 to the newer models complaint that they weren't up to par. Thus, the old monitors have kept the resell value (It cost me the same the second hand and the new one, even after 3 years of buying the first).

I hope they work for you though. In my experience the colors are great, it looks slick from the outside and gives me 0 issues.

You will let us know

Ah I see! Well either way, it'll be a mssive upgrade on the crappy little monitor I have right now so I can't complain too much! Will let you know how it is once Ive gotten it and tested it!

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP

You will let us know

Just plugged in my U2518D and almost immediately my old monitor looks awful and I dont know how I ever managed to use it... The display is simply beautiful! The difference is honestly night and day, the colours are outstanding, I never thought the difference between 1440p and 1080p would be so big? I dont know if its just that my old 1080p monitor is terrible, but the difference in quality is just so big. Bigger, brighter and a million times better.

Extremely happy I got this at a reasonable price too... Now the only problem I have is that I want a 2nd one of these :p Preferably the same monitor, but in a 144hz variant so I can use it for gaming if need be!

Associate
Hahaha. I know exactly what you mean. I had the 25 inch for the longest time (when I bought the whole set up) and all I did was regret not buying a second one then.

The difference is huge too. I usually game in these monitors NP, but it is true that I don't tend to play FPS, or racing or any AAA games to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom