• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

B grade gpus going cheap lately.

Soldato
Some of those deals are actually decent.

How does the B-Grade stuff work exactly? I know there's a 90 day warranty with OC'ers, but do you still get the warranty with the manufacturer?

Soldato
Cheers.

I've been planning a GPU upgrade and Nvidia was a tad out of my reach despite being better for my needs, a 1660 for £150 would be amazing.

Soldato
Yep I bought one, 2080ti it was a space invader turkey.

B grade rule of thumb if you see a GPU (or any item) in there you fancy post a note in the CS forum and ask if there is any adjustment on the price, 9/10 you will get a reply saying its been discounted further, many times they shove stuff in there and dont adjust the price.

Also especially with GPU's you will find you get manufacturers warranty, eg I bought a grade GTX 580 and got the full 3 year warranty when registered. Chances are as GPU's are not normally in there that long you will get a big portion of the manufacturers warranty when you register.

Motherboards I dont hesitate to buy get some good bargains. GPU's are a bit 50/50 with me success rate and monitors are a definite no no.

Underboss
Hey, just thought id point out for those that dont check b grade area of ocuk that they have some big discounts lately especially on 1060 3gb cards for £108 down from 200 ish. Some 580s going for £139 and 1660 for £149. Oh also dunno if good price but a blower 1080 for 379

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/clearance/graphics-cards

why did i look in here !

Thanks mate, forgot all about the B Grade stock

Saphire Vega 64 , under £300 :eek:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/b-gr...hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-bg-151-sp.html

HRL

HRL

Soldato
As long as you have a proof of purchase from OCUK, which you would, you’ll have the manufacturers warranty.

Not sure what the problem is with B grade stuff. Usually just a box that someone else has already opened.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I've had a few B grade bargains. I'm still rocking an AOC 34" monitor that I got three years ago for 400 quid. Didn't even have the cellophane protection pieces removed and even the accessories bag was unopened (inc power cord) which led me to believe it hadn't even been switched on.

Man of Honour
Asus warranty would be a problem as you have to go through the retailer it was purchased from. I believe it's the same for Palit, Inno3D and maybe Sapphire, Powercolour and some others I expect. That is where the 90 days warranty could screw you over.

Associate
Asus warranty would be a problem as you have to go through the retailer it was purchased from. I believe it's the same for Palit, Inno3D and maybe Sapphire, Powercolour and some others I expect. That is where the 90 days warranty could screw you over.

In which case, the discounts are not deep enough to offset the possibility of being left out of pocket, should the worst happen.

If the manufacturer sends you to the retailer, and then the retailer doesn't cover it any more... I wonder what UK consumer law has to say in such a predicament!

Back
Top Bottom