Google have permanently blocked me from buying anything

Soldato
Basically I bought a pixel phone from Google, and didn't want it so sent it back within the returns period.

Unfortunately I wasn't given clear instructions and the RMA sent the phone to their case department.

Google couldn't find it even though I had proof they received it.

About 2 weeks past and I received an email from Google, saying I recommend you do a chargeback with your bank, so I did it after at least three weeks had past.

Well, apparently that goes against their Terms of Service and now Google have permanently banned my account.
They haven't told me it goes against their Terms of Service they have just said.

Hello Stuart,

Thank you for submitting your verification information. Unfortunately, in an effort to protect our users, your Google Payments account will remain closed due to potential unusual or suspicious activity. It is our policy to not discuss the specific reasons for an account closure.

Please note that per the Google Payments Terms of Service, we reserve the right to change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Services at any time, including availability of the Services or any Service feature, without notice and without liability. lf you have any questions regarding your Google Play balance, please contact us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Google Support Team

There was no fraud on the account, I even had an email saying that there was none and it was just about the phone. I say it again there was no fraud..

This has happened to other people.

Feeling ****** and fed up, I know people are going to say I shouldn't done a chargeback but I followed one of their emails.

Last edited:
Soldato
Basically I bought a pixel phone from Google, and didn't want it so sent it back within the returns period.

Unfortunately I wasn't given clear instructions and the RMA sent the phone to their case department.

Google couldn't find it even though I had proof they received it.

About 2 weeks past and I received an email from Google, saying I recommend you do a chargeback with your bank, so I did it after at least three weeks had past.

Well, apparently that goes against their Terms of Service and now Google have permanently banned my account.
They haven't told me it goes against their Terms of Service they have just said.

Hello Stuart,

Thank you for submitting your verification information. Unfortunately, in an effort to protect our users, your Google Payments account will remain closed due to potential unusual or suspicious activity. It is our policy to not discuss the specific reasons for an account closure.

Please note that per the Google Payments Terms of Service, we reserve the right to change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Services at any time, including availability of the Services or any Service feature, without notice and without liability. lf you have any questions regarding your Google Play balance, please contact us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Google Support Team

There was no fraud on the account, I even had an email saying that there was none and it was just about the phone. I say it again there was no fraud..

This has happened to other people.

Feeling ****** and fed up, I know people are going to say I shouldn't done a chargeback but I followed one of their emails.

I would just steer clear of google completely.

Soldato
Can't remember the last time I bought anything from Google and thats as an android phone user. Sure I use their services but I don't tend to buy apps or use any of their paid features so not having the ability to buy something isn't the end of using Android for you, does suck though and they need to be far more transparent about why you have been blocked for following advice given to you by them.

Wonder if you could just create a new account with a different email? (If you want to after the agro)

Soldato
OP
I finally received an email that it's because I broke their Terms of Service.

I followed their advice and was well p****d about it.

Yes true I can use it without buying anything.
I have been warned not to open another account tbh and it doesn't bother me so much now..

Last edited:
Associate
Are you banned from Google Pay and paying for things like Drive storage too? That could easily screw people who have 100s of TB stored on Google services...

Soldato
OP
Are you banned from Google Pay and paying for things like Drive storage too? That could easily screw people who have 100s of TB stored on Google services...

No - luckily I don't pay For Drive storage yeah can see lots of problems there if I did. I can still use Google Pay.
.. I have posted this on reddit and apparently someone on there has a high success rate with Google problems getting resolved

Last edited:
Permabanned
Call them and explain the situation? Surely that would be the first thing to do.

Firstly I find it hard to believe they wouldn't give you clear instructions for your RMA ( if they weren't clear wouldn't you make enquires before returning the item?), secondly no company would recommend someone use chargeback against them, that makes no sense.

These second part, maybe I guess, did you the come across as aggressive at all in your emails? maybe he knowingly gave you the advice hoping you would get banned.

Soldato
All I’ve got to say about this is lol. Stay clear of Google their products suck anyway.

Come to Apple your account will never be banned and is far more secure.

Yes, "lol" because someone initiated a chargeback because they couldn't follow the correct RMA procedure.

I would say it's fair to argue that the vast majority do not share your opinion on Google's products considering a lot of their services are #1 in their respective fields such as mail, maps & search.

As for security, how do you work that one out? All those celebrity nude leaks from a couple of years back we're down to their iCloud being hacked.

Permabanned
Yes, "lol" because someone initiated a chargeback because they couldn't follow the correct RMA procedure.

I would say it's fair to argue that the vast majority do not share your opinion on Google's products considering a lot of their services are #1 in their respective fields such as mail, maps & search.

As for security, how do you work that one out? All those celebrity nude leaks from a couple of years back we're down to their iCloud being hacked.

Their icloud been hacked more like they guessed the password. Then all the op has to do is contact Google to ask what's going on? Not that hard is it.

Soldato
Their icloud been hacked more like they guessed the password. Then all the op has to do is contact Google to ask what's going on? Not that hard is it.

That wasn't actually what happened. A flaw in Find My iPhone allowed unlimited attempts at logging in, allowing passwords to be brute forced.

https://www.hungerford.tech/2014/12/need-know-2014-icloud-hack/

Unfortunately you are right about Google support, it tends to be too automated. Yet at the same time, those automated processes (which I have used) work flawlessly if they're followed correctly. What the OP did, despite being told to do so, was as silly as cancelling a direct debit with your bank before terminating the contract with the supplier.

Clearly you and mrochester don't like Google, and that's absolutely your opinion but it isn't true that having an Apple account is defacto more secure than a Google account.

Permabanned
That wasn't actually what happened. A flaw in Find My iPhone allowed unlimited attempts at logging in, allowing passwords to be brute forced.

https://www.hungerford.tech/2014/12/need-know-2014-icloud-hack/

Unfortunately you are right about Google support, it tends to be too automated. Yet at the same time, those automated processes (which I have used) work flawlessly if they're followed correctly. What the OP did, despite being told to do so, was as silly as cancelling a direct debit with your bank before terminating the contract with the supplier.

Clearly you and mrochester don't like Google, and that's absolutely your opinion but it isn't true that having an Apple account is defacto more secure than a Google account.

Was more of a jokey but it's ok, you can't tell when people are joking unless they say I'm joking. :)

Back
Top Bottom