Green Party MP calls for all woman cabinet

Man of Honour
The story has been replaced with a comment-less version on the BBC front page, saying that Lucas is being criticised. I find that quite poor tbh as the HYS response was mostly justified.

Soldato
she hasn't worked with too many women then. as in my experience they are far more cliquey, snipey and down right back stabby than most any men i've encountered. and i'm far from sexist cause i love women, especially fit ones :p
My partner has been working in HR for the last 20 years and she has some real horror stories about all female departments in an office environment. Women seem to hold grudges, whereas men can often have a scuffle and then forget about it. Although this does seem to be changing with the younger generation.

Associate
Women are used to appeal to votes as they are more social acceptable to voters, the Tory party have used this to great effect with their choice of party leader over the years and you can see the same with other parties, SNP, Greens, DUP and Sinn fien. They may be more social acceptable but they can also be down right nasty, useless or deluded as men, she is playing to the coming general election.

Capodecina
Soldato
I find it "interesting" that the Guardian which is a consistently LibDem supporting daily paper seems to be avoiding comment on Ms Lucas imaginative but ll-considered idea.

I wonder why :confused:

Man of Honour
If this was for targeting women’s issues or something like that I’d understand, her reasons don’t provide legitimate grounds for an all female cabinet.

That's because they're circular "reasoning" from her own irrational prejudices.

Imagine a self-declared whitist saying that nobody who isn't "white" should be allowed on the cabinet and "justifying" that position by saying that they believe that "whites" are superior to all other "races". Well of course they do - they're a whitist. Feminism is currently far more fashionable than whitism, but it's the same thing - biological group advocacy ideology.

hmmm, well... I'd like to call her sexist but... I think she might have a point... I don't have evidence and i'm willing to be told i'm wrong... but I think she is correct

You're wrong. Obviously nothing anyone says could convince you of that because your position is utterly irrational. Firstly, you believe that all people with the same sex are the same. There's no arguing with anyone who believes "they're all the same" on the basis of some minor biological trait that's irrelevant to almost everything. It's the very cliche of irrational prejudice and so obviously wrong that anyone who believes it has to be so irrational that they're effectively insane. Secondly, you believe that the "right" biological group identity is superior to the "wrong" biological group identity. More insanity. Thirdly, you're aware that you have no reason to believe those things and you say so publically...but you still believe them. You know you're wildly irrational, but you choose to do it anyway. That's honest, at least, but it makes it particularly clear that you are so devout in your faith (sexism) that you will not be swayed by anything as unimportant as evidence, reason or fairness.

Soldato
Agree with OP.

Always thought if the Green Party focused on the environment rather than Feminism they'd do a lot better in elections.

Once watched her on QT and listened to her reel out reams and reams of marxist rhetoric but not once mention anything approaching an environmental topic. Green credentials seem to be little more than a fig leaf for her real interests.

Only if you somehow believe her failing was due to her gender...

As opposed to her severe character flaws and the poison chalice of Brexit.

Or the fact that a Remain dominated Parliament is fundamentally opposed to passing any legislation that might make Brexit actually happen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom