Do they need to ask security questions when calling customers?

Soldato
call centre staff on the majority are usually very poorly trained, don't care and it's a min wage job attracting not the brightest minds to walk the earth.

you should know by now it usually takes at least 2-3 attempts before you are connected with someone who can do what you require.

I'm a Planning Analyst for 2 departments that take inbound calls from customers, I've never spoke to a customer on the phone myself, but you're wrong and this post is derogatory and insulting. One of the smartest girls I've ever met was working on the phones, her IQ was probably 140+, she had just finished her degree. Also it's not a minimum wage job, good agents working a bit of overtime could earn £30k a year

Caporegime
My broadband contract is up next month. I'll let you know how many times it will require me calling back before I'm put through to someone who can comprehend that I want a better deal or I'll leave.

Last year it took 2 calls one straight after the other where in the first they said it was impossible and in the second they said they would see what they could do and voila £15 off for 6 months then £12 off for 12 months.

Why couldn't I just get that the first time around?

I've even had clients who asked me why when they call the busiest call centre in the UK have been given completely wrong advice.

It's law of probability. Yes some are good and smart but let's face it some most aren't . My office has 6 floors and on 2 of them is a call centre.

They repeatedly set the fire alarm off by vaping in the toilets, also one of them has been doing a dirty protest in the toilets for the past 3 years. Smearing their own waste over cubicles. Oh and one possibly the same person has been taking towels from the kitchen and flooding toilets/sinks too.

Yeah some of them are nice but some of the cretins I've seen on those 2 floors I would never dream of inviting into my home.

Looks like the PC white knights are out in force tonight.

Soldato
My broadband contract is up next month. I'll let you know how many times it will require me calling back before I'm put through to someone who can comprehend that I want a better deal or I'll leave.

Last year it took 2 calls one straight after the other where in the first they said it was impossible and in the second they said they would see what they could do and voila £15 off for 6 months then £12 off for 12 months.

Why couldn't I just get that the first time around?

I've even had clients who asked me why when they call the busiest call centre in the UK have been given completely wrong advice.

It's law of probability. Yes some are good and smart but let's face it some most aren't . My office has 6 floors and on 2 of them is a call centre.

They repeatedly set the fire alarm off by vaping in the toilets, also one of them has been doing a dirty protest in the toilets for the past 3 years. Smearing their own waste over cubicles. Oh and one possibly the same person has been taking towels from the kitchen and flooding toilets/sinks too.

Yeah some of them are nice but some of the cretins I've seen on those 2 floors I would never dream of inviting into my home.

Looks like the PC white knights are out in force tonight.

* warning: the world according to Psycho Sonny may not represent your own.

Caporegime
* warning: the world according to Psycho Sonny may not represent your own.

He's a bit odd, isn't he? He also doesn't seem to learn, he's had his arse handed to him so many times on here and yet he still posts this crap.

I even wrote a proper post to him once, explaining exactly why he's always brushed off by anyone who he replies to and he just ignores it all :confused:

Soldato
He's a bit odd, isn't he? He also doesn't seem to learn, he's had his arse handed to him so many times on here and yet he still posts this crap.

I even wrote a proper post to him once, explaining exactly why he's always brushed off by anyone who he replies to and he just ignores it all :confused:

O he listens, he removed his Xbox/PS4 sig after his mocking of Fortnite players :D

Soldato
TBF, the truth is somewhere in between.

I've worked in the call center industry for 20 years. Obviously the majority of people just want to go in, do their job and go home again.

Some are idiots who ignore rules, do disgusting things in the toilets, are rude to anybody and everybody, etc, but they're the very visible minority.

Those people do also tend to be in the customer service side of things, by the nature of the work and the rates of pay. Sales / retention type agents typically earn decent money and as a result are less likely to act up because they give a damn.

Ultimately though, if we want cheap / free banking, insurance, Sky, etc then we have to accept the companies will have to save costs. The race to the bottom in outsourcing in some tender processes I've been involved in is ridiculous. It's also a false economy as the outsource provider then cuts costs to make the contract pay, things go wrong and the company outsourcing in the first place spends more time and money managing the relationship than if they had just done it themselves.

Man of Honour
I've worked in a few call centres and been in the industry for many years.

You get all sorts of people, from the ones who can barely get themselves dressed in the morning right up to people who are right at the other end of the scale.

Caporegime
I'm a Planning Analyst for 2 departments that take inbound calls from customers, I've never spoke to a customer on the phone myself, but you're wrong and this post is derogatory and insulting. One of the smartest girls I've ever met was working on the phones, her IQ was probably 140+, she had just finished her degree. Also it's not a minimum wage job, good agents working a bit of overtime could earn £30k a year
I remember when you got schooled by @Housey about your call centre boasting. I think you called it your team or some such but you seem to be distancing yourself from that now.

Soldato
I remember when you got schooled by @Housey about your call centre boasting. I think you called it your team or some such but you seem to be distancing yourself from that now.

I don't think you do remember, I did Real-time Management for a team and cited exactly what I did and what programs I used which was all true at the time. I'm now a Planning Analyst for 2 related teams within the same department. I mean you can ask me anything you like about any of those jobs and I can tell you in detail if you like?

Back
Top Bottom