cadbury fruit and whole nut...

Caporegime
Bought one from asda 200g bar.
literally had 4 nuts and 3 raisins :mad:

what is this madness.

Think I should join the brigade who doesn't buy their crap anymore.

the lack of nuts and fruit made me realise just how bad their chocolate tastes.

If lidl in England is anything like Switzerlands I could pay £1 for a chocolate and nut bar that is more nuts than chocolate and be perfectly happy.

also the nuts in the cadbury bar seem to have no taste:confused:

Associate
There seems to be a lot of variation bar to bar, I've had a few with plenty in and equally a bar with only a few raisins in (gritty/ nasty tasting raisins at that).

Soldato
I cringe at some of the new varieties that Cadbury does.

But then I recall Roald Dahl writing about Cadbury sending out creative chocolate bars for testing when he was in school. They've been at it for quite a while.

Soldato
Had a check on that.

So the fruit and nut is and always has been almonds but they've changed the raisins to sultanas relatively recently.

But Cadbury also does whole nut which is whole hazelnuts in the chocolate.

Can't see why they use two types but there we go.

Soldato
Tweet them and they might send you some freebies/a voucher :D

But yeah they have gone downhill a tad since Kraft took over. I don't really eat chocolate now but if I do have anything of Cadburys I find it's ridiculously sweet :confused: not sure if it's because it has changed or just that I notice it more now

The Lidl hazelnut bar is yum though. Plenty of nuts in there :cool:

Associate
There’s the dairy milk crushed nut which has crushed nuts all the way through tried it a couple of weeks ago thought it was good compared the fruit and nut which is what I used to have all the time.

Soldato
Aldis fruit and nuts better anyway

Like most chocolate over here (and cakes), they are stodgy and full of sugar whereas our continental cousins have lovely light and fluffy desserts

Back
Top Bottom