Kennedy Space Centre from Orlando

Soldato
Last time I was there it was pure fluke we went during a shuttle launch. Was one of the most amazing things, we where miles away, remember standing up a grass bank with my family, watching this tiny thing in the distance take off, then the sound hit us like a tidal wave. Never heard anything like it.
Went on then to the Kennedy Centre, amazing place, I imagine its been updated a lot since then.

Exactly the same here. Can't remember when exactly - it was a family holiday in the 90s. We were on a viewing platform at what felt like a couple of miles away, probably more. The odd thing was - there were two launch platforms, both seemingly with something on them, and we were looking at the wrong one for liftoff!

The most memorable part was, as you said, the sound. Imagine the Eurofighter at an airshow and scale it up by many, many times - even from miles away. The delay is part of the experience, and to then hear billions of molecules being ripped apart is something else.

Soldato
Went Orlando in 2008 watched space shuttle take off, if you plan your visit right you can do this
I went in late January 2008 and think they were getting a launch ready as I'm sure there were more restricted areas than usual.

Just checked and there was a launch on 7th feb. Gutted i wasn't there then.

I remember them having a launch simulator amongsg all the other amazing stuff. I'll want to go back again with my children soon.

Man of Honour
Three days in Discovery Cove? That seems odd. One day is fine for that. Or are you counting a day at sea world and a day at aquatica in there or something?

Uber or rent a car if you don't fancy coach.

Associate
Going on a "once in a life time" family holiday to Disney Orlando next Sept. We've gone the full hog, everything from Discovery cove dolphines, dining plan bla bla bla...

Anyways, my wife has ok'd me to try and find a way to go solo to Kennedy Space centre. We're staying in the Animal kingdom. However, i think we're spending 3 days in discovery cove so was going to use one of the those days to get over.

Has anyone booked through disney or a travel agent, if so who and was it easy enough?

A friend out there says the public transport outside of Orlando is poor?

KSC is amazing. I'm going again this September. You can book admission and transport tickets here: https://www.orlandoattractiontickets.co.uk/Ticket/Kennedy-Space-Center-Admission-Ticket-Transport

Soldato
I go to Orlando pretty much every 2 years, and I NEVER book with an agent.

Honestly its not required.

If you have booked it already, I suppose there isnt a lot you can do because you have to specific date block for Discovery Cove, but 3 days is excessive in my opinion.

1 day is more than enough because Discovery Cove is actually quite small.

Most Discovery dolphin swim experiences chuck in 14 days of Seaword/Aquatica/Busch gardens etc, your time would be better spent there.....especially in the latter.

Getting to KSC? Rental car and take a GPS system with you. Its easy as hell.

Coach and shuttle services restrict your freedom TOO much, and driving in the US is easy as hell once you get over the whole 'wrong side of the road' thing.

Soldato
OP
Yeah sorry .... It wasn't three days at Discovery cove, it was 3 days in universal. With travel i've been told it'll be 11 days there in total. We have legit everything booked... Bar Space centre!

I'm holding out hope though! If i can find a day spare i'm going. I have two girls, i've tried and tried to get them to like space, even so much as to watch stargate with me, but nope! They've said "na i dont want to go".

Back
Top Bottom