Why cant I find my old car on MOT checker

Soldato
Hi all,

I sold my pride and joy 6 months ago and just wondered if it has passed its latest MOT.

I've put the correct licence plate in and it is telling me that that REG does not exist...

Am I to assume the worst and it my have been scrapped or has the plate changed on the car and become personalised for example?

Thanks

Soldato
The reg plate is HD02 OGX. I cannot find anything historically on that plate....
Maybe he changed the reg?
Whislt the car won't lose its link to the original reg (for example if they sold it on again with out the cherished plate the reg would come back on) , it might stop it coming up on searches like this.

Edit.. Sorry I just didn't read your post, I see you've thought of this already.

Caporegime
Maybe he changed the reg?
Whislt the car won't lose its link to the original reg (for example if they sold it on again with out the cherished plate the reg would come back on) , it might stop it coming up on searches like this.

Edit.. Sorry I just didn't read your post, I see you've thought of this already.

Actually there is no guarantee that it will get that reg back. We have private number plates on all our vehicles at work. SOmetimes they get their original dated regn back, sometimes they get new ones.

Vcheck says this reg number is not currently assigned to a vehicle so I assume the new owner has put a private plate on it

Soldato
OP
Actually there is no guarantee that it will get that reg back. We have private number plates on all our vehicles at work. SOmetimes they get their original dated regn back, sometimes they get new ones.

Vcheck says this reg number is not currently assigned to a vehicle so I assume the new owner has put a private plate on it
I'm hoping for a private plate.... Screw it, I've just text the bloke that bought it to see what's happened :D

Soldato
OP
If you care so much for this vehicle why did you sell it ?
I went self employed and needed the drive space for a van. It was my pride and joy and I spent 7 years working on it to make it perfect. I also have 2 small children and a three door civic type r doesn't suit that too well.

Life is full of sacrifice and that's one I had to make so I could move onto the next step.

Back
Top Bottom