• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA Prepares GeForce 436.02 Gamescom Special Graphics Drivers

Man of Honour

Apparently you can uninstall it afterwards and the driver still works OK - not sure if that removes all the telemetry **** and other network services you don't really want running just because. Haven't tried yet to see if they install with modifications to the extracted package.

Soldato
OP
NVIDIA 436.02 Installer Buggy, Always Installs GeForce Experience, No GPDR Consent

We're hoping that this is a simple installer bug by NVIDIA, because anything worse would put the company in violation of EU privacy laws.

https://www.techpowerup.com/258446/...s-installs-geforce-experience-no-gpdr-consent

Had geforce experience for ages, works fine for me. (spyware/bloatware aside) :)
Same, think Nvidia Freestyle's always been a GFE feature too.

Soldato
Had geforce experience for ages, works fine for me. (spyware/bloatware aside) :)

Agreed, always worked fine for me. If they want my data they can have it all i say, not much to look at to be honest :p.

On a driver side note just been playing with the freestyle "sharpening" and it does appear to be working. Certainly looks better with it enabled with a very minor fps loss of around 2%

Man of Honour
Can't be bothered messing about so just extracted the installer with 7zip, deleted the nVtelemetry folder and pointed device manager at the folder where I extracted the driver for now.

Have to say I really notice the difference in The Division which was already pretty smooth but with ultra low latency mode it is incredible - haven't noticed it in anything else I've quickly had a play with though.

Also notice for some reason my font rendering in Firefox is much improved after installing the driver - not quite sure what is going on there but there is a noticeable increase in crispness and clarity without loss of smoothness on the edges.

Soldato
Control Panel UI is still from 2003.

Yeah, it is quite appalling for 2019, especially having to wait 30-60secs or more for the list of games to come up when you want to do some 'per game' settings....you can almost feel the cogs turning under steam power.

Man of Honour
Getting some unsmooth scrolling in Firefox with this driver - it is OK for a bit then it feels choppy scrolling on the wheel.

EDIT: Looks like maybe the GPU is going into a lower powerstate after awhile of idle and taking more than just scrolling in Firefox to "wake" it back up to a higher state. If I open other windows, etc. it quickly goes back to smooth.

Permabanned
Yeah, it is quite appalling for 2019, especially having to wait 30-60secs or more for the list of games to come up when you want to do some 'per game' settings....you can almost feel the cogs turning under steam power.

I thought this was just because i turned off so much stuff the driver was just about working. God damm why does it take them so long.

Chuffed about low latency, But i want a slimline bloatfree driver and i want the sharpening filter outside of GFE. What to do huh want sharpening but hate GFE. This is also going to be interesting to see with DLSS again as i said if Nvidia fix DLSS with this sharpening and antilag they move ahead of AMD as imo Gsync and DSR are still better than VSR and Freesync and they have no Raytracing yet. Nvidia really have it all now.

Now please please announce the 2080ti Super the last 2080ti was announced at Gamescom 2018 on 20th August.

Soldato
Posted in the nvidia driver thread same as this but I`m getting a 404 error from geforce.co.uk and nvidia uk with this driver and the latter saying "Temporary unavailable" so might be worth pausing in case its been pulled. Anyone else getting the same ?

Update: just checked nvidia forums and stutter problems etc being reported and its not available on US site now.

NVIDIA has found a bug in our recent 436.02 driver posting, causing it to install GeForce Experience even if the user selects not to install it. We are pausing the driver download from the NVIDIA website while we fix the issue. Users attempting to download the driver from the NVIDIA website will receive a “404 – Not Found” message when attempting to download. If you have installed the driver and wish to uninstall GeForce Experience, you can do so from the ‘Window System Settings: Add or Remove programs’. We apologize for the error and hope to have the fixed driver re-posted soon

Man of Honour
Yeah also a few people reporting stutter like I posted above so might be worth holding off - though I've not personally seen it ingame yet just desktop programs that use hardware acceleration that don't seem to "wake" the GPU upto a full power state - I've not tried turning off adaptive power management to see how it behaves with that.

Soldato
NVIDIA's latest driver update promises HUGE performance uplift, but they're also releasing their own version of low latency frame rendering just like AMD did after throwing shade at AMD just a month ago for it.

Back
Top Bottom