New TV stand for 55" LG B8

Associate
Can anyone recommend their favourite TV stands? I think I'd maybe like a walnut TV stand although I'm struggling to find any. At most I've found the Ikea Stockholm at £299 but it's partially made with particleboard, and walnut veneer, not sure I really want particleboard. Saying that maybe I can't afford a real walnut stand, haven't found any so far.

I'm fairly sure I don't want a black unit, I guess maybe high gloss white might look good, unsure.

Ideas welcome, cheers!

Associate
OP
Nice. I was thinking maybe a stand where it hides the front bit so it's not on show. Hopefully the Virgin V6 isn't IR!

Cheers for the store recommendation though, it's good to know the places that have decent stock

Soldato
Most of the mass produced ones are not real wood and those that are will be thin unless you pay a hefty premium. If your handy with DIY you can build a TV unit with walnut worktops.

Associate
OP
Cheers guys, really good points.

What do you reckon to something like this:

Put-a-TV-on-it_0004_Walnute-600x600.jpg

Hopefully better than something like this:

0644450_PE702701_S5.JPG

Another option, bit more slim, this:

ST360F-BLK-WNT.jpg

Or possibly this:

78511f65956bfe17de88bbf5a4c939cbb29519f0_403037_2.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I second building one yourself if your competent at DIY I'm actually in the process of making one myself. I could never spend that much on a TV unit (first one you linked) you could knock that up for a fraction of the cost

Associate
OP
I second building one yourself if your competent at DIY I'm actually in the process of making one myself. I could never spend that much on a TV unit (first one you linked) you could knock that up for a fraction of the cost
Agreed - I should have paid my attention in wood work I think ;)

Back
Top Bottom