• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So...

Soldato
I get the impression that all the OP really wants is to upgrade his GPU, and the noise levels are his justification for doing that. :p

Soldato
say what now?!

Just facts.
gta-v-1080p.png

Soldato
christ, i better replace my 1600 then. must be choking the life out of my vega64 ;)

Well, it's if you care about really high framerate. I got "only" a mildly OC 6800K myself (which is more or less = to a R5 2600X), also with a V64, and for a lot of games it's not really enough for stable >120 fps. I only noticed when I was messing around with Far Cry 5 and it was having a hard time >100 fps even though the V64 was handling the game without a sweat.

Just the way it is I guess, for me I always push visuals so not as much of a concern but for >100 fps? Not quite there.

Soldato
Well, it's if you care about really high framerate. I got "only" a mildly OC 6800K myself (which is more or less = to a R5 2600X), also with a V64, and for a lot of games it's not really enough for stable >120 fps. I only noticed when I was messing around with Far Cry 5 and it was having a hard time >100 fps even though the V64 was handling the game without a sweat.

Just the way it is I guess, for me I always push visuals so not as much of a concern but for >100 fps? Not quite there.
i'm only pulling your leg fella, to a certain extent. your post that the op would have to also replace his cpu is a tad wide of the mark though. that said i've just noticed the op says he plays without any sound. so a nonsense thread that probably is deserving of a few nonsense posts! :p

Associate
OP
First of all a big thank you to all who replied, I appreciate the input. I've had a stressful day so this is the first opportunity to reply. I didn't expect so many replies tbh! Sorry for the thread title.

It appears that the card itself is on the way out. So I've put in a spare rx470 card for the time being.

I could have just waited a day and not posted at all.

Apologies for wasting everyone's time but thanks for all the suggestions anyway. It was a good read.

Back
Top Bottom