Lake Windermere & Scarfell Pike

Associate
OP
I’m back! And alive lol.

Had breakfast 7.30-8am at the hotel and as my wife unexpectedly started her ‘time of the month’ this morning we decided on the longer drive and shorter walk.

Drove to Wasdale, got there for 9.45am. It was a long drive but very beautiful and traffic wasn’t bad so enjoyed it. Got parking at the national trust car park - only a few spaces left so very lucky.

Followed everyone up the ‘easy’ route to the top. Took us two hours. After a few pics we began to decend. Several articles and people recommended taking the longer corridor route down. No one told us it would be never ending and twice as long! So with blistering sun, my wife in pain, very limited water, we made the 4.5 hour journey down (with a few breaks).

Unfortunately the 2 hour drive home took 3.5 hours due to THREE major accidents and huge detours we had to take! But beautiful scenery and driving up and down over the mountains was amazing! Like top gear lol.

Got back to Kendal hotel at 10pm. Missed all the food but the lovely lady at hotel reception hooked us up with some Alpen and milk lol.

So I’m sitting here eating alpen for late dinner. With a pint! (Much deserved). And a run and coke.... from home, I asked for ice at the bar lol.

What a day!!!

Anyone want to see pics!?

Man of Honour
You will find that "proper" walkers tend to plug routes that are more difficult as "the best" as a form of humble-bragging. Watch them discussing routes up Snowdon for an even better example. I've done the Corridor Route, and as you say, it's actually one of the harder ways up/down. But at least you seemed to have enjoyed the trip.

Soldato
I’m back! And alive lol.

Had breakfast 7.30-8am at the hotel and as my wife unexpectedly started her ‘time of the month’ this morning we decided on the longer drive and shorter walk.

Drove to Wasdale, got there for 9.45am. It was a long drive but very beautiful and traffic wasn’t bad so enjoyed it. Got parking at the national trust car park - only a few spaces left so very lucky.

Followed everyone up the ‘easy’ route to the top. Took us two hours. After a few pics we began to decend. Several articles and people recommended taking the longer corridor route down. No one told us it would be never ending and twice as long! So with blistering sun, my wife in pain, very limited water, we made the 4.5 hour journey down (with a few breaks).

Unfortunately the 2 hour drive home took 3.5 hours due to THREE major accidents and huge detours we had to take! But beautiful scenery and driving up and down over the mountains was amazing! Like top gear lol.

Got back to Kendal hotel at 10pm. Missed all the food but the lovely lady at hotel reception hooked us up with some Alpen and milk lol.

So I’m sitting here eating alpen for late dinner. With a pint! (Much deserved). And a run and coke.... from home, I asked for ice at the bar lol.

What a day!!!

Anyone want to see pics!?

Sounds a great way to stress yourselves out, feel tired and spend lots of money to enjoy some alpen :D:D

Was it all worth it? would you do it all over again ? :p

I went to work in Snowdonia yesterday, it was hell on Earth, and worse, countless people abused the area and dropped litter everywhere making and causing chaos :mad: the shore line of one lake was littered with still lit and hot BBQ's - I kept my dog in the van so she wouldn't accidentally burn herself - lord help the council crews who have to clear it all up, also the parking was totally moronic - why are such great numbers of people so totally stupid ? Beggers belief.

Soldato
You will find that "proper" walkers tend to plug routes that are more difficult as "the best" as a form of humble-bragging. Watch them discussing routes up Snowdon for an even better example. I've done the Corridor Route, and as you say, it's actually one of the harder ways up/down. But at least you seemed to have enjoyed the trip.
Humble bragging. Lol
What's a proper walker? I enjoy walking and at tubes have been known to walk every weekend for a few months. As you get fitter you can challenge yourself more.

Back
Top Bottom