This Business and Moment...

Permabanned
I never updated this but after a month of working my notice I was put on gardening leave, 2 months fully paid to sit at home. I've been in the new job a month now. I do not regret my decision.

and people wounder why they end up on the dole. Sitting around doing nothing is nice every now and again. Knowing you don't have to get up to do work is even better! :D

Don
and people wounder why they end up on the dole. Sitting around doing nothing is nice every now and again. Knowing you don't have to get up to do work is even better! :D

:) It was good, I got a lot done to the house/garden and spent a lot of time with the baby. After around 6 weeks and considering my wife is still off on maternity leave things did get repetitive and I was glad to get back working.

Soldato
OP
Been an interesting week so far, I'm off to Croatia on Saturday, so I've been trying to hammer through a lot of the backlog. Started a bit of a pain. After having a full blown argument with our outsourced Dev dude (even longer story tbh, threatened to sell our code to the Russians on the black market lol I ******* swear I've seen/ heard it all now) we settled down and committed to finish our app off. I need it shipped yesterday.
Pushed beta to TestFlight on iOS, downloaded it... issue using login with Auth0, wasn't working. Lost a day on that, but he fixed the issue and we're a go again. Spent a long time going through the app and listing all bugs/fixes/items that needed fixing.

Most of it is small ****; italics need removing from a screen, some formatting stuff on a smaller screen, making some fields required before searching etc. but it's getting there:

4zDZnYE.png

xqfCTbJ.png

Ti5G6mW.png

You'll notice the prices are a little on the cheap side as well, so the calculations on that are screwy, same as the 0 VOL number, either way, progress. Aim was to now be able to test it with our backend. You're supposed to click request and details of the user and flight etc. are sent to our partner portal in the backend.

hzkeOuc.png

Shame it doesn't... so main issue at the moment is I'm not seeing the trip details sent via the API to the backend. That, and I'm arguing with the dude that the expected behaviour is that it should send the data to the backend, but at the same time pop up saying "thanks for your request, someone will follow up soon" and redirect them to the Trips screen in the app, where they'll see the pending trip in the trips table. It's like talking to a wall sometimes. The other 2 guys are in Australia, one lives there and the other is on holiday. One of those created the trips API and built the backend. Timezones are bitch.

Anyway, once that is resolved, it's really getting there, we're not at all far off, but obviously every one of these small last things is a ballache. Really I shouldn't have to deal with this and it should be done by one of the dudes in Aus, as CTO, but that's another thing I need to sort :p

Things I can control are partnerships, and it's where I like to think I'm pretty good at sorting **** out.

We've now got the no. 1 luxury private island resort on board as a partner:
9GxlPh3.png

I'm waiting to hear back from Velaa private island; they wanted exclusivity on our Black tier for the Maldives, so we couldn't show Soneva to the people in the Black Tier, but hey it's all good.
I spoke to North Island as well in the Seychelles and they're interested so sending more info through tonight. That'll be 3 of the best private island resorts in the world on board, and I have follow ups to do with 2 more on that list.

Also had a great call with the regional director of Marriott BonVoy hotels covering luxury in UAE and Africa. She's interested in coming on board as well and wants to get their Seychelles resorts and Mauritius one on there too.

Resorts are going pretty well! I also had a great call with the MPH Club https://www.instagram.com/mphclub/ who are happy to be our exotic car company covering Miami. We have Royalty Exotics in Vegas and I'm not trying to cater for NY, SF, LA and Chicago for probably the main US ones.

Did some mockups to show the potential partners what it will look like for them:

6bV744P.png
rSLOupC.png
HH2Jy7m.png

This part is going to kick off being built as soon as this v1.0 is out, hence my push!

Great thing about these guys as well is everything that goes through us to them is on a 10% commission. This is why I'm trying to get this out as much as possible. These guys all know huge clients who fly private and are down for recommending us to their clients too.

I feel I'm ahead of the rest of the guys, so obviously I am pushing to get us all running at the same pace. Which is my ******* pace haha

Don't think many read my huge ass posts but I like them, it's like dear diary :D

Now to go and kick someone in the head to do what I need.

Man of Honour
Last day as a contractor today, I start my permanent journey with VMware on Tuesday (official start date is Monday, so I'm starting already on holiday :) ).

Soldato
Last day as a contractor today, I start my permanent journey with VMware on Tuesday (official start date is Monday, so I'm starting already on holiday :) ).

Where do you start with VMware? As I started a new role last week and they want me to be clued up on Vmware by giving me access to Pluralsight.

If it isn't too bad I might look into getting certified in Vmware next year.

Man of Honour
Official office is Staines, I'll be there for a few days getting onboarded and what not, then it's home based with client travel taking up to 70% of my time.

Soldato
Where do you start with VMware? As I started a new role last week and they want me to be clued up on Vmware by giving me access to Pluralsight.

If it isn't too bad I might look into getting certified in Vmware next year.

The annoyance with the VMware certs is the pre-req to take the expensive VMWare course, I did my course for my VCP so just need to pull the socks up and book the actual exam otherwise it's a few grand down the drain hey.

Soldato
The annoyance with the VMware certs is the pre-req to take the expensive VMWare course, I did my course for my VCP so just need to pull the socks up and book the actual exam otherwise it's a few grand down the drain hey.

Oh really? That's abit crap, thought it was like MS certs, Comptia, etc. You can self study then take the exam :(

Don
Should all be in the contract/employment manual - hard to say without knowing more about how it works.

Yeah it doesn't really allude to much, there is a reason they brought me in to sort all this stuff. I didn't know if there was a standard, ie, I worked 12 days of July so does this count for a month or not. So either get it in September's pay or October.

Associate
Yeah it doesn't really allude to much, there is a reason they brought me in to sort all this stuff. I didn't know if there was a standard, ie, I worked 12 days of July so does this count for a month or not. So either get it in September's pay or October.

Ask HR or the company itself.

It's impossible to say without that understanding. Lot's of companies have allsorts of quirks and clauses. Better to just ask directly.

Back
Top Bottom