Wreckfest: major PC update coming Tue, Aug 27!

Associate
It been a long wait ( about a year ) since last update to PC Wreckfest. Bugbear has waited until the console version were done. So come Tue, Aug 27, consoles get their first release of Wreckfest and us PC players get a major new update come Tue, Aug 27! :D

Wreckfest been optimize some, thanks to Bugbear trying get Wreckfest to run on the console with 24 cars offline, was not easy.

A Look At Upcoming Performance Improvements

We got new tracks. 2 of the tracks are from End's Very TrackPack mod are now part of the stock PC and console versions. :D

A Selection of The Very Tracks Becoming Official + Interview With Tor!

We got 5 new cars: RV, Corvette, Limo, Semi Racing Truck and a purple Sofia!

5735d080c335a96407d5deb170ba503e0428768e.jpg

D_2MsTAWkAwjgNa

Limo3.png

AEE2D3C9CCFAC0221FAC57B2A6333C13D8FB0305

ECLwrZwXsAQueeY

Here some console videos to watch:

See ya out on the track. :)

Associate
Got this both on console and pc. Got it early on Saturday for console from base. Hopefully it takes off on console because the most players I've seen on a server excluding bots is 6. Total xbox players across all official servers was around 20 to 30.

Soldato
Got this both on console and pc. Got it early on Saturday for console from base. Hopefully it takes off on console because the most players I've seen on a server excluding bots is 6. Total xbox players across all official servers was around 20 to 30.

I just dont think the game is very good. I got it on Steam, waaaaay back back when it is was next car game:wreckfest and it was one of the worst games I had ever played.

It then got taken over by I can't remember who, and was an improvement but still imo not a great game.

Soldato
^ its been massively patched since then almost to look like a different game.

I completed the campaign/single player had masses of fun with it some real complete destruction. The caravan race was hilarious. Best circuit is the one where it loops back on itself at each end, total carnage.

Associate
Yeah it's a really good game tbh, just hope the player count increases on console when it gets released tomorrow I think.

Soooooo theres loads servers on xbox now and most of them full. Yaya!

Last edited:
Soldato
Awesome news, was wondering when the new content was going to arrive having seen a video showing it on a console review the other day in my Youtube recomendations. Wreckfest has become a regular at all the Lanparties I attend, extra content is most welcome! :D

Associate
They have also announced that a season pass is now available for preorder ... BUT please tell me I have read this wrong...

Get access to the expanding world of Wreckfest for one neat bundle price.

This Season Pass gives you:
  • 20 crazy and iconic new vehicles
  • 20 insane roof decorations
  • Car customization pack with new armor, rims and more

All items will be released during the next months, over the course of 8 DLC packs

So they want £14.71 for just that ?? I love the game but that seems right rip off. I am hoping I have read it wrong and missed something.

Soldato
Yeh the DLC seems like a ripoff without any confirmation of the vehicles and items. If it's just a set of normal cars - zero interest. But on the other hand, if it's adding caravans to tow, chain car racing, maybe vehicles with weapons and other bonkers stuff maybe it could be fun. As much as I'd like to support the devs, right now I'm not jumping aboard on the Season pass...

Hopefully the devs do something to make things look more positive. Looks like they are getting slammed on Steam right now. Loads of people complaining that the car handling physics have been made far simpler and that they have dumbed down the damage. I've played it a little today and am not convinced it's as bad as some are saying, but don't think I buy the Dev's claim that the physics hasn't changed right now - it feels off somehow.

Associate
Not sure if there is a proper thread for this game but found this. Anyone playing it? Im having problems getting online. Was fine the first couple of times but since then i just cant get online.

Back
Top Bottom