• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Could vertical mounting reduce gpu temps?

Associate
I was considering getting a vertical rider cable for my p600s, cause I think it looks amazing. But I assume there zero benefits apart from that?

My gpu at the moment is directly under my noctua d15. The fans literally push down on the card and the cooling fins are extremely close. I didn't know if any heat was being transferred because of this.

So (and I know it's a long shot ) I wondered if vertical mounting could actually reduce temps or at least be roughly the same if moved away from a hot air cooler?

It's a 2.5 slot card so would be fairly close to the glass,w I assume would be far worse than being a bit close to the d15. Just curious. And also want to justify vertical mounting lol.

Soldato
I had great success with vertical GPUs in my Silverstone FT02 and FT05. Unfortunately I can't give you temperature comparisons. I can tell you that the cards were a lot quieter than when horizontally mounted. And there's no GPU droop to stress the slot.

The fans literally push down on the card and the cooling fins are extremely close.

I would be more concerned about vibration. Do you have a x8 slot you can use?

Caporegime
Depends how close the GPU ends up to the glass/side of the case when mounted vertically.

If there's a big gap, then thermals should drop

If not, they will increase.

Associate
OP
I had great success with vertical GPUs in my Silverstone FT02 and FT05. Unfortunately I can't give you temperature comparisons. I can tell you that the cards were a lot quieter than when horizontally mounted. And there's no GPU droop to stress the slot.

I would be more concerned about vibration. Do you have a x8 slot you can use?

It would be too close to the PSu shroud. like really close.

Back
Top Bottom