Is this a fault or the latest safety gismo.

Soldato
I stopped at crossroads in village and coming towards me on the other side was a 4x4 - These crossroads are not quite opposite so 4x4 had to put a bit of left lock on - as he did so his nearside fog light came on then half way across he put right lock on and near side went out and offside came on. Has his 4x4 got a fault.
I have never seen it before.

ps - never got make of 4x4

Soldato
Depends how the lights are positioned byt on my i10 they added a fair bit of angle to the visibility round a dark corner.

Soldato
OP
I never drive in the dark these days if I can help it. - It will come to you one day. - Yes I go to the opticians yearly - Yes I wear glasses and yes I find headlights these days very dazzling.

I would also have thought that the lights should only come on with the head lights. You live and learn

Soldato
I would also have thought that the lights should only come on with the head lights. You live and learn

On some cars they do. We have a Kia Sorento which does this, but they are controlled by indication, not steering...when the headlights are on and you are indicating, the fog light also illuminates on that side. And only below a certain speed.

Soldato
I never drive in the dark these days if I can help it. - It will come to you one day. - Yes I go to the opticians yearly - Yes I wear glasses and yes I find headlights these days very dazzling.

They still come on during the day...

Soldato
Not a fan of them, seen them come on at roundabouts which looks like an indicator in the corner of your eye, but they aren't turning off.

Underboss
On some cars they do. We have a Kia Sorento which does this, but they are controlled by indication, not steering...when the headlights are on and you are indicating, the fog light also illuminates on that side. And only below a certain speed.

my dads 2009 Citroen lights come on with steering, going around corners all the time, i noticed a light kept coming on , i thought WTF

Back
Top Bottom