I need to English the **** out of this day!

Man of Honour
I am not sure you are trying for an English experience or a full tourist experience :p
Yeah that’s kind of what made me sceptical about the Ritz - people that are actually super rich are probably like “pah, the Ritz! Touristy peasant trap” but, to be fair, it was really good and I had a great time.

Caporegime
Go to Primark, buy their finest sweat shop tracksuit set, pop into the local ASDA, grab a value pack of a kitchen knives, grab a 4 pack of ASDA branded ale and then see there the day takes you.

Soldato
Weekend in Costa Brava for 18 pints of Stella with your Egg & Chips, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Then get her knocked up to improve your chances on the Chav-Property Ladder.

Ensure the latter takes less than four minutes and keep your socks on.

Soldato
EDIT: If you want something really traditional, there's always Camlann. It's a recreation of a late medieval English village, with a restaurant that's mostly period correct. The menu is period correct and the setting is so as far as is reasonably possible. Food on trenchers rather than plates. No forks. A wandering minstrel. You get the idea.

Oops, sorry, that's the wrong one. That one's in the USA. Bit of a trek for a meal :)
brilliant google fail. you almost made it appear as though you'd been to it.

Associate
Soldato
book a holiday to spain or turkey and then don't learn the language but shout louder, refuse local food and only British food then complain it's too hot and the germans are talking all the sun loungers?

Man of Honour
brilliant google fail. you almost made it appear as though you'd been to it.

I failed to use Google too :) I don't like being a product and being manipulated, so I avoid Google et alia as much as possible. I use DuckDuckGo for searching online.

I'd seen a video about a recreated medieval village in England, including a recreation of a high end inn. A quick look online found Camlann and I assumed that was it. I didn't notice my mistake until I went to their website, looked at the menu and saw that it was priced in dollars. Oops! :)

Man of Honour
book a holiday to spain or turkey and then don't learn the language but shout louder, refuse local food and only British food then complain it's too hot and the germans are talking all the sun loungers?

Someone I know won't eat food that's "foreign". I'm sorely tempted to tell them they should stop eating most things then, starting with potatoes.

Soldato
I failed to use Google too :) I don't like being a product and being manipulated, so I avoid Google et alia as much as possible. I use DuckDuckGo for searching online.

I'd seen a video about a recreated medieval village in England, including a recreation of a high end inn. A quick look online found Camlann and I assumed that was it. I didn't notice my mistake until I went to their website, looked at the menu and saw that it was priced in dollars. Oops! :)
Google might have prevented you being manipulated into thinking it was in the UK :p

Back
Top Bottom