Rear ended by a hire car

Soldato
Sedgwick are a claims management company. They won't take it on until the driver has admitted liability as they'll be out of pocket otherwise.

I am confused why Enterprise are screwing over their insurance company who will have to pay inflated costs from Sedgwick.

I would want to be in touch with Enterprise's insurers (unless of course it is them who outsources claims handling to Sedgwick).

edit:

Reading more about them, the latter is most likely true.

https://www.sedgwick.com/solutions/global/uk

An insurance company who actually outsources everything are using Sedgwick.
They are operating on Enterprise's behalf, not the OPs. The fact that they aren't delivering a nice 3 or 5 Series to him to roll around in while his is taking off for repair, means they aren't working with his interests in mind. An accident management company will almost always take a case on before liability is admitted as long as the circumstances are such that there's a reasonable chance of a successful claim against someone.

Caporegime
OP
They are operating on Enterprise's behalf, not the OPs. The fact that they aren't delivering a nice 3 or 5 Series to him to roll around in while his is taking off for repair, means they aren't working with his interests in mind. An accident management company will almost always take a case on before liability is admitted as long as the circumstances are such that there's a reasonable chance of a successful claim against someone.

My car can't be worth more than 5-6k, if I went the accident management route wouldn't it just be written off?

Soldato
should you notify the police if the other driver has not yet informed his insurance company, on the grounds that he may deny responsibility or could have been uninsured.

earlier post I kept
Last time I was hit and it was 100% non fault I found out who her insurer was through ask MID (had to pay £3.99 I think) and dealt with them directly, point blank refused to let them take my car anywhere but welcomed them to come and assess it. I asked for a cash in Lieu Settlement which they agreed to as it meant no courtesy car and sent them a quote from a Ford dealer for new parts and added a bit on for materials to respray

Transmission breaker
Don
I think the extra costs are held separate to the repair costs, and don’t have a bearing on write off costs. I could be wrong! I think they are handled in isolation though.

You can use your own accident management company if you fancy. You do not have to use the 3rd party insurance appointed one. Perhaps use your own insurance company preferred claims handlers.

There is always a risk that the extra costs may be disputed, but if you were rear ended have pics and both cars were damaged it’s pretty much open and shut!!

Caporegime
OP
So Sedgwick have made contact with the driver who rather oddly has told them he didn't hit me but he is planning to pay for the damage to my car (which even the lady said was a bit stupid).

Sending them over the pictures to get the claim reviewed.

Associate
So Sedgwick have made contact with the driver who rather oddly has told them he didn't hit me but he is planning to pay for the damage to my car (which even the lady said was a bit stupid).
??? so, why would he admit to damage to your car, if he's just claimed he's not hit you? Sounds like he's screwed himself for not admiting an accident?

Caporegime
OP
Just to bring closure to the thread.

Called them today after hearing nothing for a couple of weeks. Despite disputing fault initially their insurers have confirmed they are liable. Repair and hire car booked. Have gone with their repairer for simplicity/warranty/hire car purposes.

They will pick up my car and drop off a hire car in the next few days.

Thank you all :)

Back
Top Bottom