• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Tray Icon keeps returning !

Associate
Had this problem in the past and it has reared its ugly head again. Others are having the same problem too (Nvidia forums).

My problem started with changing my cpu, Win7 decided to install all drivers again as if it was a complete change of pc !?.

Done the usual clean update, then the latest driver that appeared a few days ago, same issue. Also uninstalled the now forced gforce experience bloatware (checkbox greyed out during driver install). Any tricks that actually worked for others ?.

bru

bru

Soldato
Even removing the tray icon,doesn't stop the driver being resident in memory as it is needed by windows anyway.
Removing the icon does exactly that, just remove the icon. I understand that if you prefer a nice tidy system tray, having unesscersary tray icon can be annoying. Why it isn't staying hidden though, no idea.

Caporegime
Mine stays visible for much of the time though it did used to disappear and reappear, but not so much nowadays.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It is still re-appearing after opening the nVidia Control Panel, go to Desktop in the menu bar and untick Show Notification Tray Icon?

Associate
OP
I have the same issue with recent drivers even after clean install. After years of these issues reappearing then vanishing it seems to be a random driver bug. Come on Nvidia, get your act together !

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Install Win 10 and see if the icon persists?

Not sure why anyone would willingly stick to Win 7 these days unless they had some obscure reason to. Some flakey software from the 00’s perhaps.

Man of Honour
Install Win 10 and see if the icon persists?

Not sure why anyone would willingly stick to Win 7 these days unless they had some obscure reason to. Some flakey software from the 00’s perhaps.

I run a spread of systems on 7 and 10 (and the odd system on 8) - when properly maintained 7 is so much more reliable and less disruptive overall. I don't keep my main systems on 7 just for LOLs and I certainly wouldn't stick with 7 over 10 just because of being stuck in my ways or something.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Had this problem in the past and it has reared its ugly head again. Others are having the same problem too (Nvidia forums).

My problem started with changing my cpu, Win7 decided to install all drivers again as if it was a complete change of pc !?.

Done the usual clean update, then the latest driver that appeared a few days ago, same issue. Also uninstalled the now forced gforce experience bloatware (checkbox greyed out during driver install). Any tricks that actually worked for others ?.
Do yourself a favour, take that card out of your pc and chuck it out of the window and buy yourself a real graphics card. Real men use AMD cards! :p

Associate
OP
I run a spread of systems on 7 and 10 (and the odd system on 8) - when properly maintained 7 is so much more reliable and less disruptive overall. I don't keep my main systems on 7 just for LOLs and I certainly wouldn't stick with 7 over 10 just because of being stuck in my ways or something.

Nice one :)

Back
Top Bottom