The Spy - Netflix

Soldato
I just finished this yesterday and it was fantastic.

It is initially hard to forget Borat given the obvious resemblance, however, the acting is good enough for you to forget about this after a few episodes.

You will definitely find yourself desperately wanting to watch another episode after the first one or two.

The only downside is it's distracting how any scene in Israel had some sort of filter applied to it to dull the colours down - really did not make any sense to me.

Associate
Saw this advertised on Netflix the other night but don't know whether to watch it or not, it's hard seeing Sacha Baron Cohen in anything else but a comedy movie.

Can anyone recommend?

Soldato
We've been watching it over the weekend, just got the final episode to go which we'll watch this evening.
Really enjoyed it, loved the casting - really well written.

Caporegime
OP
I'm only a couple of episodes in too but it's pretty good so far, quite odd to see him in a serious role but he's very good in it.

Soldato
Finished this last night, good short series worth a watch for sure. Bit ott and unbelievable in places like most spy things but well shot and acted throughout.

Soldato
Saw this advertised on Netflix the other night but don't know whether to watch it or not, it's hard seeing Sacha Baron Cohen in anything else but a comedy movie.

Can anyone recommend?

Don't let that put you off, he puts in a very good performance in this, I didn't think of his comedy stuff once while I watched this.

Finished it the other night, excellent mini series. Hope he does more stuff like this in the future.

Man of Honour
Finished watching last night.

It was a little slow to start, but it picked up and was very enjoyable. Good performances all round and didn't once see him as anything but the character he was portraying.

A minor complaint would be I would've liked another episode in-between the last two. It felt a little bit rushed to get to the final episode.

Back
Top Bottom