Check on new build temps ect

Associate
Completed my first build, Just need to check my temps, looked on google but cant find a decisive answer.

Heres my build;
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Super OC
Asus TUF Gaming X570-plus (WiFi)
be quiet! Dark Rock 4 cpu cooler
650w Seasonic Focus plus Gold
16gb Corsair Vengeance rgb RAM 3200MHz (x2 8gb)
1.9TB Corsair MP510 M.2 NVMe
1TB Samsung EVO 860 SSD
NZXT H500i Mid Tower case
x2 140mm NZXT AER rgb fan

the following info has been taken using NZXT CAM software;
The game I used to test was ARK:Survival Evolved at highest settings;
CPU temp hovering around 45-50c idle upto 70ish gaming. Highest seen so far is 77c
GPU temp 35c idle upto 65c gaming

Another thing id like to check is ive noticed CPU clock speed is constantly running high at 4266MHz

(Ive really not touched any settings in BIOS apart from setting RAM speed to 3200.)

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Soldato
seems boost speed is fine for Ryzen currently if you havent played around with PBO etc .

after new BIOS update with AGESA 1.0.0.3 ABBA then it might be worth some playing or enabling PBO

CAM also not the best

as for temps, H500 isn't the best of air flow cases . guessing CPU fan on default, with the Silent wing fans on that dark rock cooler, can afford to run it faster as its a quiet fan :)

Associate
OP
Ok switched my CPU fan to next setting up from silent which was 'turbo'

Yh read a lot of bad things about CAM. Not sure if I can get around not using it.

What kinda temps should I be looking at hitting?

Associate
Hmmm, temps do seem a bit high. Especially for gaming (different story if stress testing, 70s and 77 would be ok under a stress test).

I have a H500. But I've switched out the stock fans. Idle temps are a bit spikey as you know with these Ryzens. Note, I also have a 3600 and not a 3700x.

I'm idling at 34-40 with spikes up to 45.

Just fired up some Witcher3 temps only in the 50s. Not all cores are boosting, game is probably not utilising all 6, so temps are in line.

Only when stress testing do I get into the 70s.

All temps on Ryzen Master. I have a Noctua U12S cooling my CPU.

Associate
OP
Hmmm, temps do seem a bit high. Especially for gaming (different story if stress testing, 70s and 77 would be ok under a stress test).

I have a H500. But I've switched out the stock fans. Idle temps are a bit spikey as you know with these Ryzens. Note, I also have a 3600 and not a 3700x.

I'm idling at 34-40 with spikes up to 45.

Just fired up some Witcher3 temps only in the 50s. Not all cores are boosting, game is probably not utilising all 6, so temps are in line.

Only when stress testing do I get into the 70s.

All temps on Ryzen Master. I have a Noctua U12S cooling my CPU.

Interesting... I downloaded Ryzen Master and did the same temp checks and im seeing a 10-15c decrease. Idle temp around 35-40c & gaming 50-60c.
Ive opened up NZXT CAM and Ryzen Master side by side right now and Ryzen Master says 44c NZXT CAM says 56c which software should I believe?:confused: lol

Associate
Temps should drop a few degrees as thermal compound "cures" but regardless of which results you believe, yours are well within range and you should relax and enjoy your first build.

Associate
Interesting... I downloaded Ryzen Master and did the same temp checks and im seeing a 10-15c decrease. Idle temp around 35-40c & gaming 50-60c.
Ive opened up NZXT CAM and Ryzen Master side by side right now and Ryzen Master says 44c NZXT CAM says 56c which software should I believe?:confused: lol

Note, opening them up side by side can give false positives. Nevertheless, I would think NZXT CAM is the unreliable one of the two. Quick google/reddit reveals issues.

Associate
My motherboard thinks my cpu (ryzen 3600) is fine up to 91c with stock cooler at which stage it ramps the fan up fast.

That's obviously too high, but does say you've nothing to worry about.

GPU at 65c sounds fine.

Back
Top Bottom