X and Pro still a thing??

Soldato
Tbh I’m still impressed with games on current Pro and X. Whether true 4K or 60fps or whatever there are some stunning looking games on both systems. Getting either now with the large amount of games available is not really a bad choice tbh..

Soldato
If he already has a PS4 then it depends how much the extra res bump is worth.

I have a PS4 (not Pro) and I've decided to wait for the PS5. I don't have a 4K TV yet so it's not really worth it for me.

If he traded in his PS4 for a Pro the price is getting quite attractive at around £150 for the upgrade. Probably a bit less if you have a good look around.

Associate
There's loads to play, particularly if he's not had one, finding the time to play it all is the problem, loads of big games, big time sappers, i'm still at circa 2017 on my games collection :o ..... just getting into Horizon Zero dawn, no rush for PS5 here :D

EDIT missed the bit about already having a PS4, in that case it is harder to justify unless there are performance benefits in games he wants to play.

Man of Honour
If he has a PS4 already get an Xbox One S and a year of game pass. Some amazing games on there and it will carry over to the next Xbox.

Associate
i wouldnt bother unless he has a really nice tv to make use of it. it is a nice step up but the whole 4k gaming setup is costly.

Soldato
Quick question my cousin as said he wants a ps4 pro from crimbo(because apparently we are talking about that now...)

My question is with the new consoles coming next year and the death of the Xbox one and ps4 soon after, will the "Xbox one X" and "PS4 Pro" also be killed off?

games take a while to develop and also the userbase size means more than the techology use when it comes to profit.

So expect new games to be released probably for 2-3 years after the next console is out, but obviously at a gradual slowdown until the zero point.

However for me as long as I have games to play on that console then I will keep that console, on the day of the ps5 launch, the ps4 has its full library and the ps5 will just have a handful of launch titles. It be interesting to see if the ps5 has a full BC for digital and physical games.

Nothing wrong with buying a ps4 pro at this time.

Currently about 95% of my ps4 games library I havent played, I will probably still be beating games on it in 10 years time. I still use my ps3 now as a prime example.

In terms of pro vs base?

5ghz wifi (its on mini but not base)
faster usb ports (good for external storage)
boost mode (overclocks cpu and affects quite a lot of games from my observation)
enhanced performance at non 4k resolutions, e.g. ff15 goes from a juddery mess to solid 30fps on a pro. vesperia crashes a lot on base/mini but is stable on pro.
sata 3 vs sata 2 on base.
support for wired controllers (a big deal for me, bluetooth issues were galore).

The pro is what the base should have been.

Soldato
Ps5 better have BC for digital games, I’ve invested a fair bit to go all digital this time round. Be a bit disappointed if they decide not to do it.

tbh it’s going to be using the same architecture as the PS4 (or similar) so I don’t see why it won’t happen.

Soldato
Its a wait and see, I feel microsoft have always been more motivated than sony to implement BC. They managed to do it from xbox one to xbox 360 across diff architecture. Sony instead seem to have adopted a model of maximising profits by selling multiple copies of games to run on different generation hardware. When the ps3 got jail broken e.g. it was found way more games were natively BC with ps2 than were enabled by sony.

Regardless of BC, I think buying a ps5 at launch is a worse decision than buying a ps4 pro now. 100s of good games to play on the console, it doesnt stop been viable to play just because a ps5 launches and as I said expect games to carry on been released for at least a couple of years after ps5 launch. There will inevitably be a ps5 mini and pro type console because something will be under spec'd or messed up no the base ps5 as well.

There was ps2 games been launched 5 years into the ps3 life.

Soldato
Neither the XBone or PS4 will get dropped for a few years after the release of new consoles. There is simply too large a player base for publishers to stop making games for them.

Soldato
Regardless of BC, I think buying a ps5 at launch is a worse decision than buying a ps4 pro now. 100s of good games to play on the console, it doesnt stop been viable to play just because a ps5 launches and as I said expect games to carry on been released for at least a couple of years after ps5 launch. There will inevitably be a ps5 mini and pro type console because something will be under spec'd or messed up no the base ps5 as well.

There was ps2 games been launched 5 years into the ps3 life.

true ! But that shiny new tech... I cannot resist! :D besides, I’m gonna wait to play CP2077 on the ps5.

Soldato
I’m gonna wait to play CP2077 on the ps5.
There's no way I can hold out like that. I'll do a playthrough on current-gen and then hopefully they do an "enhanced" one for a next-gen playthrough. And by that time I'll have forgotten enough to make it interesting again.

Soldato
There's no way I can hold out like that. I'll do a playthrough on current-gen and then hopefully they do an "enhanced" one for a next-gen playthrough. And by that time I'll have forgotten enough to make it interesting again.

I honestly think can wait from what I’ve seen. I’m not mega hyped yet. Who knows maybe at release I’ll get swallowed up by the hype train and purchase it for my pro. But... I really can’t be bothered playing cp2077 with a jet engine idling Under my tv
:/

Soldato

Same, plus have they even said they will make an enhanced version for the next gen consoles.

Back
Top Bottom