nobles hero vs humanscale freedom?

Associate
Hi guys I need a new chair and was considering one of these two. I have back issues upper and lower curve more enhanced, and am not sure which to go for really. I want something comfortable and supportive aesthetics I don’t care about.

I’ve been looking at the nobles hero or a refurbed humanscale freedom. But similar prices. Has anyone owned both of these?

Is there anything else I should out also? I wish somewhere near me had a nobles to try out...... I’m based in Kent.

Man of Honour
I have never tried a Hero. But I do have a Humanscale Freedom. My experience can be seen in this thread:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...nscale-freedom-and-steelcase-please.18857639/

I really love the chair. But I bought it used and had issues with the arm mechanism and had to have them repaired. I feel the arms are a design flaw long term and they have a high likelihood of failure, admittedly over many years and a lot of use. However now mine is working properly I really like the chair. In terms of back support it is quite good. Looking at the pictures of the Hero I think the back is likely to be quite flat and so the Freedom looks better to me (as I said, I have never actually tried a Hero). Although both are fairly flat, the back on the Freedom pivots a little as you lean back. If you sit upright and rock your body forward and back it will move with you. It also slides up and down. So I think you're more likely to get a better fit with the Freedom. Depending on whether you're far away or not, I am in Surrey, near junction 10 of the M25 if you wanted to try it out. Alternatively my local John Lewis has them too so you might find your nearest branch does.

I know you said looks aren't important but I can't stand the look of gaming chairs like the Hero.

Associate
OP
I’d like some clarification from a moderator here on the comfort one month returns policy on the nobles chairs.

It says if ure not happy ocuk will arrange collection for your chair. I’d like to know if there is a hidden returns cost in this as it doesn’t say that in the write up???

Man of Honour
I’d like some clarification from a moderator here on the comfort one month returns policy on the nobles chairs.

It says if ure not happy ocuk will arrange collection for your chair. I’d like to know if there is a hidden returns cost in this as it doesn’t say that in the write up???

The forum mods don't directly work work OcUK and won't be able to answer your question. I'd suggest asking in the customer service area of the forum where one of their staff should answer you. I've raised queries before and always had them answered within 24 hours. Take a look for this section of the forum, or raise a webnote instead:

OCUK Customer Service --> Pre-Sales Queries

Back
Top Bottom