Tesco petrol prices M99.. "confidential we can't tell you Sir."

Soldato
There is an app, but you have to register to see them.

I guess it's something to with data collection and they have an agreement with these app companies...

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I avoid filling up on petrol stations where at all possible. Sometimes it can be up to 40 cents a litre more! I was in Germany in August and it was around €1.15 in the centre of Hamburg and €1.55 on the motorway. For an 80 litre tank that's a difference over €30!

Soldato
I avoid filling up on petrol stations where at all possible. Sometimes it can be up to 40 cents a litre more! I was in Germany in August and it was around €1.15 in the centre of Hamburg and €1.55 on the motorway. For an 80 litre tank that's a difference over €30!
Wow thats some difference.

Soldato
No you don't...
There's a guy at work who does that, has a spreadsheet of all the local stations that he updates daily. He's not shy about informing everyone of all the savings he makes, either.... Doesn't like it when we point out how it costs more than he 'saves' to drive around town through all the traffic to reach these different stations! :D

Yeah this is one of the main things to consider when driving out of your way to save a few pennies on a litre of fuel.

Ideally if you're going to do it, you identify a number of petrol stations on your regular routes, to work, to the supermarket, to family/friends, to the gym. That way you're not necessarily going out of your way to fill up. But it's good to know at least which ones are currently the cheapest, so next time you're heading to the gym for example, you can fill up on the way there/back.

Caporegime
Yeah this is one of the main things to consider when driving out of your way to save a few pennies on a litre of fuel.

Ideally if you're going to do it, you identify a number of petrol stations on your regular routes, to work, to the supermarket, to family/friends, to the gym. That way you're not necessarily going out of your way to fill up. But it's good to know at least which ones are currently the cheapest, so next time you're heading to the gym for example, you can fill up on the way there/back.

If you really wanted to save £1 per fill up.

Why not just strip all the seats out your car and all the stuff you don't use? So you are using less fuel to move all that unneeded weight around?

Why not tape up all the panel gaps to help with drag?

Do you also shop in lidl and aldi over M&S? Do you know you can save money by recording when each supermarket reduces prices on stuff soon to be out of date and buying then?

Basically trying to save £1 per tank isn't really worth it for most folk. It can be done but most don't care.

Man of Honour
Ringing head office to ask what the price of petrol is? Hilarious.

It's a couple of quid on a full tank of fuel, just fill up at whichever station is most convenient and get on with your day.

On my pickup it can be as much as approx. £7 difference on a full tank though I generally don't worry too much about it - I wouldn't run a V6 pickup if I was that concerned about saving money.

I usually fill up at the second best for price as it is open 24x7 while the one with the best price only opens during the day and means an extra couple of miles each way through slow traffic.

Soldato
I can't be bothered saving a few pence per litre, i don't even know what the current price of fuel is just that it's somewhere between £1.20 to £1.40 per litre, i just fill up til it clicks & then pay for it.

Associate
Hahahah what a pointless exercise to save yourself 50p-£1 per tank. I got better things to do with my life than that.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I'm honestly amazed that people don't seem to care about where they fill up. I guess with 99/V-Power, etc. it's usually the same price, but with diesel and 95 it can fluctuate significantly in Europe...
In my town there are 5 petrol stations and yesterday, diesel cost anywhere between €1.40 and €1.55!

Soldato
I'm honestly amazed that people don't seem to care about where they fill up. I guess with 99/V-Power, etc. it's usually the same price, but with diesel and 95 it can fluctuate significantly in Europe...
In my town there are 5 petrol stations and yesterday, diesel cost anywhere between €1.40 and €1.55!

Well, for one we are not talking about prices outside of the UK so that's irrelevant. Here prices are not that much different, hence not many people caring.

Soldato
I think it's fairly uncommon for fuel to vary by much more than 5p a litre in the same locality here, nothing worth getting excited about or going out of your way for

Man of Honour
I think it's fairly uncommon for fuel to vary by much more than 5p a litre in the same locality here, nothing worth getting excited about or going out of your way for

Within a town it doesn't tend to vary much but if you live say 5 miles out of a big town you can easily see bigger swings from your nearest 5 fuel stations.

Back
Top Bottom