Airport Transfers in America

Associate
Flying into Tampa International soon with family and needing a transfer (incl. luggage) to our destination about 80 miles away to Kissimmee. Currently thinking an Uber ride is my best option unless anyone can recommend any other choices?

Soldato
Indeed, why didn't you fly to Orlando? Uber will cost a small fortune I would imagine. If you can drive then hire a car, it won't cost much and driving in Florida is a piece of ****.

Indeed. Driving is a piece of cake, but do be mindful of avoiding toll roads if you don't want to pay the extortionate fee to activate the toll pass installed in the rental car. Florida has some electronic-only toll roads and accidentally driving on such a toll road by mistake can sometimes be quite a costly mistake.

Associate
Indeed. Driving is a piece of cake, but do be mindful of avoiding toll roads if you don't want to pay the extortionate fee to activate the toll pass installed in the rental car. Florida has some electronic-only toll roads and accidentally driving on such a toll road by mistake can sometimes be quite a costly mistake.

This. Uber will cost you lots of $$$. It you're arriving during the day and won't have to drive at night, due to the length of your flight, I'd say rent a car or SUV for the last leg.

Man of Honour
Hire a car?

This, all day long, I always stay just north of Tampa, in Hillsborough, Pasco, or Hernando counties, and the tolls on the Sunshine Parkway are worth it, alternatives are US 19 or 41.
I’ve not used it, but I think the Interstate from Tampa to Orlando is I-4, and I’ve been told, but I don’t know if it’s true, that it’s toll free, but that you may encounter tolls when leaving the Interstate at the Orlando end.
You can spend more on gas by taking back roads to avoid tolls, plus constantly stopping at red lights.

Back
Top Bottom