Mon - Fri Domestic Arrangements

Associate
Hi all. Introducing myself as a jobbing SQL dev from Castle Cary in Somerset.

As you can imagine, I struggle to source jobs locally so I spend most of my time flitting between here and the south coast/ Swindon and such like. Well, I've just secured a new role in Southampton and Ive decided to be a little bit more gung-Ho financially with respect to my accommodation arrangements.

You see, I've had enough of packing a little suitcase every Sunday night to be holed up in some little guest house for the next 5 days.

So I've splashed out on a lovely little woodland loggia in the new forest. All self contained and I've rented it for the duration. It ain't cheap but it will certainly buy me some peace of mind.

Should be an inneresting 3 months. Just wondering if any of you take a similar approach or do you just slum it?

(Note - I'm an ex cuk denizen so I'm addressing this question as though I'm talking to fellow connractors. I'm assuming there's at least a few here?)

Caporegime
"That Jekka Gal"

I'm calling it now:

eI9v10H.jpg

OP is trying to bait some of the incel members into visiting "her" log cabbing thingie...

Caporegime
Giggity. He said goblin maid. fnar fnar :D
Kobolds are hotter. Their little scaly butts are exquisite.

What's this thread about again?

e: aaaaannd now I get the joke... so slow :(

"That Jekka Gal"

I'm calling it now:

OP is trying to bait some of the incel members into visiting "her" log cabbing thingie...
Done and said they were an SQL dev, too. Aint no wo-mans working with them there com-puders, that I ever saw.

e2: regardless of what is or isn't in his or her trousers, I'm jealous. I can think of nowhere nicer to live, than somewhere surrounded by trees as far as the eye can see.

Bonus points if there are no other humans within 20 miles.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just use naming conventions that your customer is accustomed to and are logical, so when someone inevitably needs to come in and do some work in the future, it's painless for all involved. Thanks, SQL guy
The worse situation by far, is when that somebody is yourself, and the code is also yours, and you still have no idea what the heck is going on :p

Back
Top Bottom