• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

random crash amd 5700xt

Associate
As above built a new pc and fairly happy with it however i am suffering from random crashes, i think maybe graphic card specific and am after thoughts and ideas. The old system was intel and nvidia gtx970 the new build i thought i would jump ship and try amd, i have as follows

Be quiet 601 case glass side
msi b450 tomahawk max mb (bios 7c02v33 last but one)
16gb kingston hyper x ram ddr4 3200mhz
dark rock pro 4 cpu cooler
be quiet straight power 11 650w power supply
sapphire radeon rx 5700 xt pulse 6gb graphic card
amd ryzen 5 3600 cpu

everything is stock and all temps are really good. i play 1 game and the crashes seem to occur while playing this game "dayz" settings are not set at highest lvl's.

so what happens is after sometime, different every time the pc screen will suddenly go blank and i am told my monitor will go into standby mode, this is telling me no signal is been sent from the graphic card, but the pc is still running, sometimes the pc has recovered quickly enough and carried on as if nothing has happened except the game is showing as "dayz no responding" and i have to close it down, other times i have been forced to power off the pc and reboot it, and it seems to take a little bit longer to load up.

i am using a hdmi cable but the above has also happened with a mini display port cable. the monitor is a dell u2515h running a res of 2560 x 1440 at 60hz refresh rate.

the cars has a bios switch which i have not touched but looking at it in the case the switch is over towards the front of the pc case.

None of the above happened on the intel/nvidia machine. i have the latest amd drivers or at least their software is telling me they are the latest.

thanks for looking

Soldato
As above built a new pc and fairly happy with it however i am suffering from random crashes, i think maybe graphic card specific and am after thoughts and ideas. The old system was intel and nvidia gtx970 the new build i thought i would jump ship and try amd, i have as follows

amd ryzen 5 3600 cpu

everything is stock and all temps are really good. i play 1 game and the crashes seem to occur while playing this game "dayz" settings are not set at highest lvl's.

so what happens is after sometime, different every time the pc screen will suddenly go blank and i am told my monitor will go into standby mode, this is telling me no signal is been sent from the graphic card, but the pc is still running, sometimes the pc has recovered quickly enough and carried on as if nothing has happened except the game is showing as "dayz no responding" and i have to close it down, other times i have been forced to power off the pc and reboot it, and it seems to take a little bit longer to load up.

i am using a hdmi cable but the above has also happened with a mini display port cable. the monitor is a dell u2515h running a res of 2560 x 1440 at 60hz refresh rate.

the cars has a bios switch which i have not touched but looking at it in the case the switch is over towards the front of the pc case.

None of the above happened on the intel/nvidia machine. i have the latest amd drivers or at least their software is telling me they are the latest.

thanks for looking

a) Install 7C02v33 bios for your motherboard. Fixed bugs with this motherboard having with previous one. And also improves Ryzen performance.
b) If you have installed MSI AB & RTSS remove them.
c) Use DDU in Windows safe mode (thats important). Wipe out all Intel, AMD drivers for chipets & GPUs.
d) When you reboot, use CCleaner and run to fix the registry, twice.
e) Install latest chipset drivers from AMD
f) Install latest graphic drivers from AMD
g) reboot the system after the later is done
h) Make sure Enhanced Sync is off.

Let us know how you doing after you follow all the above and you run at default settings everything.

Associate

amd ryzen 5 3600 cpu

thanks for looking

I had this with a 5700, I rma'd it with overclockers and requested a full refund.

The problem lies with amd drivers.

Associate
OP
if you use discord and chrome, disable hardware rendering/acceleration. is a driver issue with it right now.

How do i do that in chrome? sorted i found those settings

will also try the above tips but for now i got to go as i have to be up for work at 2.30am

Last edited:
Associate
OP
b) If you have installed MSI AB & RTSS remove them.

do not think i installed these no idea what they are i did install the amd radeon software which installed graphics drivers etc

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
I get crashes on mine. Turned off gpu acceleration in chrome and that sorts watching YouTube. Games on the other hand. I can’t get past one part of wolfenstein young blood because of random crashes. It’s the and drivers.

Associate
I get crashes on mine. Turned off gpu acceleration in chrome and that sorts watching YouTube. Games on the other hand. I can’t get past one part of wolfenstein young blood because of random crashes. It’s the and drivers.

I leave acceleration on on all my browsers and i don't get crashes on both my XT and 5700. I started with 19.9.1 on the XT and 19.9.2 on the 5700. Both are on 19.9.3. Zero issues. Like i said, i don't even use DDU. One rig had R9 290 and the other GTX 1060.

Associate
I leave acceleration on on all my browsers and i don't get crashes on both my XT and 5700. I started with 19.9.1 on the XT and 19.9.2 on the 5700. Both are on 19.9.3. Zero issues. Like i said, i don't even use DDU. One rig had R9 290 and the other GTX 1060.

Game crashes on .1, .2 & .3 not turned on gpu acceleration to see if it makes a difference but I don’t have any side effects.

Associate
OP
So 11am and finished work for the day :) bios is flashed, windowed mode for the game now fullscreen all drivers checked and are latest amd one's, lets see what the day holds for me.
cheers for all the replys and tips n advice

Soldato
but is that not just for the b450? my mobo is the b450 max version

your bios is B450. The Max is the name MSI gave to the motherboard, because the original tomahawk has smaller bios EPROM module and cannot be flashed with the new ones which are twice the size.

You must install the chipset drivers from the link i gave you to improve your CPU overall performance and stability. As it includes power plans and enhancements.

Associate
OP
ok Panos everything you posted for me is now done, i even found the enhanced sync bugger :) there were some slight differences in what i had installed to what you pointed me too.
Thank for your advice, now i just hope its going to work :) i want to love the graphic card but its making our relationship rocky at the moment was almost going to rma the bugger and see if i could get a decent nvidia

Associate
OP
still crashing although this time its more bsod but its always happening while playing my game, nvidia rtx 2060 super is my nearest choice for price swap are they just as good?

Back
Top Bottom