Jetwasher broken

Soldato
OP
Bit late in the year now but I finally ordered a Nilfisk C110. :D Being delivered tomorrow by Amazon Prime (must remember to cancel that trial soon before they start charging me) and it's reduced to £53.54!

Soldato
OP
Congrats :p you finally caved in and did what i said in the 1st place lol

Lol I know. After doing what I could to get the Karcher going, I finally took it to the tip and bought the Nilfisk. :D

If you're jet washing a wall are you not going to blow out the mortar? I've got the nilfisk one and it's pretty good. The patio cleaner for it is crap tho.

I jetwashed my wall a while ago with a Karcher and the mortar held up fine. Yeah, I'm glad I didn't go for the one with the patio cleaner, it would have been £89 instead of £54.

20181026-165735.jpg

Soldato
OP
Got a problem with my Nilfisk C110. It was all working properly when I used it on my car in the summer. Today though, when I pressed the trigger on the gun, water was coming out normally due to the hose being connected and the watermains tap turned on full, but it would take 2 to 3 seconds before the motor activated and gave pressure to the water. It kept going with full pressure as long as I kept the trigger held in but once I stopped and pressed again, it would take another 2 or 3 seconds for the motor to activate. Several minutes of pressure washing later and the delay got much longer. Any idea why this is?

As a test, I disconnected the gun from the nilfisk black hose but kept the black hose connected, turned the machine on and got instant pressured water from the hose. So it seems fine without the gun. It's when the gun is connected and the motor is activated from the trigger that there's a delay. So I don't know if there's a problem inside the machine, or if it's the nilfisk hose, or the gun.

I got all the pressure washing done fortunately. My inlet garden hose is fine, I replaced it in the summer because the previous hose was getting sucked flat. So I don't believe that is causing any issues.

Soldato
OP
Awesome, gonna get sent a replacement this week under warranty. You're right Sin Chase, great customer service. :)

I phoned Nilfisk and the bloke I spoke to said it's the 'unloader valve' sticking. He said this can happen if it's not used much but that it shouldn't happen again with the replacement machine because they've now modified the valve. He said I can dispose of the one I have.

If anyone here near London wants a free pressure washer, send me a trust and you can come and pick it up. It works and has been used on only two occasions, but just has this delay issue.

Associate
Mine has recently developed the exact same issue (after only 6 months use), so I'm glad you've spoken to them and had it sorted :)

I'll be doing the same thing tomorrow

Soldato
if it's genuinely the unloader valve , and like the Karcher, it was easy to fix/lube with the exploded parts diagram,
usually on the back of the valve that can control the pressure of the jet - deep sopcket to extract, soaked it in vinegar & used molykote grease

if it's ageing - investigate sticky pressure relief valve, that fixed my karcher and was surprsingly accessible - it just bleeds water back through to input when hand off the trigger, but it may start doing that even when it's not

Back
Top Bottom