What the Health Documentary on Netlifx.

Soldato
I watched this the other day, I'm not sure if what they portray in this documentary is a case to totally quit milk and dairy, but it was very convincing.

The argument was that simple ingesting meat is deadly for us, it causes an immediate immune response in our body that is negative to our health, if you watch it or have already watch it, you'll know what I mean.

Also things like milk just totally disastrous with all the hormones in it, now I'm no way some crazy vegan trying to push a plant based diet (I've literally just had chicken tikka pasta with mayonnaise), BUT...

Perhaps dairy and meat is the reason for a lot of diabetes and cancer, and it's all covered up because of the amount of money these industries make.

A lot of studies by the big companies against diabetes, heart disease in the USA were advertising healthy diets with meat and dairy, it was found that their sponsors giving amounts in the millions were the big pharmas, meat corps and national egg assoc.

I'm not sure what to think, I'd certainly be worried about eating things that damage my health and are the equivalent of "smoking cigarettes".

Soldato
We have a digestive system that is way more vegetarian than meat eater, the first is long to get as much out of the food as possible, the second is short, partly to do with not wanting possibly infected meat in your system for too long...

... But there are peoples who eat/ate nothing but meat/animal fat and live to an old age like the inuits with whale meat (a whale being a mammal not a fish so comparable, just)

Just reduce your dairy and meat intake and make sure what you do eat is quality not cheap. Start there and use the time doing that to make your own mind up further through research.

Don't be militant about it, if you want the odd something every now and then, or if someone serves you something as a guest, then go for it lol.. Balance innit.

Associate
Sugar is the real killer lurking in our foods, documented evidence of coverups and research paid for by the sugar industry going back to the 1960s to further their cause.

Soldato
How intelligent does a species need to be to be able to hunt plants vs other animals.

The argument was that simple ingesting meat is deadly for us, it causes an immediate immune response in our body

What is the name of this process? Is it an immune response or is it just a response to start eating meat which has been conflated with an immune response. Surely your body responds to all food put into your mouth for the reason that nothing you put in your mouth is sterile, all will have bacteria on it. Carrots and steak.

Also the reason for diabetes, for one type it's genetic, the other type it's (primarily) obesity. And the reasons for increased obesity in the western world is less people doing manual work. And the breakdown of the family unit, i.e. both parents now work, who was time to cook nutritional food, and also the availability of incredibly calorific unhealthy food that is cheap.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The argument was that simple ingesting meat is deadly for us

Well that is nonsense.

Perhaps dairy and meat is the reason for a lot of diabetes and cancer, and it's all covered up because of the amount of money these industries make.

Ditto to that - who is covering "it" up and what exactly is being concealed?

Soldato

Perhaps the oil industry is the reason for a lot of diabetes and cancer, and it's all covered up because of the amount of money these industries make.

Perhaps the technology we use is the reason for a lot of diabetes and cancer, and it's all covered up because of the amount of money these industries make.

Perhaps the financial industry is the reason for a lot of diabetes and cancer, and it's all covered up because of the amount of money these industries make.

Perhaps the pharmaceuticals industry is the reason for a lot of diabetes and cancer, and it's all covered up because of the amount of money these industries make.

Is there any evidence for one of these over the other?

Personally, I'd put my money on it being the music industry!

Permabanned
Wow people are so out of touch with reality. As if our health isn't exploited when there's profit to be made.

And suddenly calling meat 'deadly' after 1000s of years is just stupid propaganda that discredits the rest of what probably is a credible documentary.

Soldato
what exactly is being concealed?
literally in the first few words of the sentence you quoted :p
who is covering "it" up
and literally in the last few words of the sentence below the one you quoted :p

thought the op was quite clear in what he was saying, whether he's right or wrong i'm not bigly fussed. i no longer smoke or drink alcohol, so i'll be ****** if i'm giving up meat and dairy too!!

Soldato
It has to be said that industries that make a lot of money, and therefore have a lot to lose, do fund research to show what they want it to show by spinning the means of testing/results.

It is well known, no? It's like a form of cheating to win but using a third party to make it look more real.

Caporegime
literally in the first few words of the sentence you quoted :p

and literally in the last few words of the sentence below the one you quoted :p

thought the op was quite clear in what he was saying, whether he's right or wrong i'm not bigly fussed. i no longer smoke or drink alcohol, so i'll be ****** if i'm giving up meat and dairy too!!

Perhaps you can clarify by answering the questions you just quoted as it doesn't seem particularly clear either what is being covered up and by whom - what evidence is there of this coverup?

Soldato
Perhaps you can clarify by answering the questions you just quoted as it doesn't seem particularly clear either what is being covered up and by whom - what evidence is there of this coverup?
i'm not answering what the op has already answered in his post. it's there already fella - read his post again, read the line you quoted again. never said i agreed with him so i ain't going looking for evidence or lack thereof for anything.

Soldato
And suddenly calling meat 'deadly' after 1000s of years is just stupid propaganda that discredits the rest of what probably is a credible documentary.

You have to conceded that a lot of the meat of today is different to the meat of yesterday, it is not beyond reason that some farming practises may produce a product that could harm you in some way.

Same for any food really.

Caporegime
i'm not answering what the op has already answered in his post. it's there already fella - read his post again, read the line you quoted again. never said i agreed with him so i ain't going looking for evidence or lack thereof for anything.

Given that I've literally quoted the line you refer to then you're not really adding anything here and my questions remain unanswered.

Soldato
Given that I've literally quoted the line you refer to then you're not really adding anything here and my questions remain unanswered.
i've added that your questions are already answered in part in the sentence you quoted and the remainder of the answers you seek are at the tail end of the sentence following the one you quoted - if your comprehension is failing, then read the op again. no need to get testy with me, was only trying to help you out......jeez.

ahh sod it, you're not a bad spud so i don't want to see you stuck......

what exactly is being concealed?
Perhaps dairy and meat is the reason for a lot of diabetes and cancer,
i'll translate for you - the op thinks that perhaps meat and dairy is the reason for a lot of cancer and diabetes and that it's being concealed.....by.....(wait for it)

who is covering "it" up
the big pharmas, meat corps and national egg assoc.
he thinks possibly that lot are covering it up - you know, the big bad mega corps.

we cool?

Caporegime

Well no that is vague, it is typical of conspiracy theorists to come out with vague claims like that thus the questions. I think you're missing the point, I'm well aware of what has been posted so quoiting back stuff I've already read isn't giving any clarification at all.

Soldato
Well no that is vague, it is typical of conspiracy theorists to come out with vague claims like that thus the questions. I think you're missing the point, I'm well aware of what has been posted so quoiting back stuff I've already read isn't giving any clarification at all.
it's not vague.
you asked, what is exactly is being concealed. cancer and diabetes is a pretty damn exact answer. if he has said something like meat and dairy possibly cause 'some serious health issues' - that would be vague. cancer and diabetes isn't very vague.

i suppose there's a degree of vagueness to the ops line of 'big pharmas, meat crops and the national egg assoc' but i think we are all big enough and smart enough to know which companies he was referring to.

Caporegime
it's not vague.
you asked, what is exactly is being concealed. cancer and diabetes is a pretty damn exact answer.

Not particularly - in what sense is it being concealed? Is there some strong evidence of some product causing cancer in some study which has then been buried? What is the claim being made here?

What is actually being concealed and by whom? Just repeating back what I've already read isn't adding any clarification here at all, you've done it a few times now and you're still missing the point.

Soldato
Not particularly - in what sense is it being concealed? Is there some strong evidence of some product causing cancer in some study which has then been buried? What is the claim being made here?

What is actually being concealed and by whom? Just repeating back what I've already read isn't adding any clarification here at all, you've done it a few times now and you're still missing the point.
why do you keep asking - what is being concealed? it is right there in the op, i've repeated back a few times now as you've noted but you still aren't getting it so i'll repeat it again. cancer and diabetes possibly being caused by meat and diary is what the op is suggesting is being concealed.....why does there need to be more to it?

so you want more details, in depth analysis of the the op's claims - that's fair enough. but the answer to the question you originally posed is already answered. and the only point being missed? well it's that i was yanking your chain with my initial reply but you were seemingly too far down the rabbit hole of 'agggghhh damned conspiracy nuts' to twig on.

lighten up man and stop seeing conflict in every post.

Back
Top Bottom