Disatissfaction

Soldato
Maybe we should all move to Australia where the healthcare is free, there's great political leadership, no pollution, no racism and it's overflowing with sophisticated culture. Ahhh, the Lucky Country.

Soldato
Maybe we should all move to Australia where the healthcare is free, there's great political leadership, no pollution, no racism and it's overflowing with sophisticated culture. Ahhh, the Lucky Country.
If only they'd bring back the 'ten pound Pom' scheme, that would prove popular. Or deportation, I'd nick a loaf of bread for a free trip to Oz.

Caporegime
You dont have to pay upfront here??

Correct, you don't. That's right.

You are incorrect on having to pay upfront! You have a choice of Dr's some charge the rebatable Medicare fee and therefore you are bulk billed and pay nothing. Other Drs charge above the alloted fee and you may have to pay the out of pocket expenses. The Dr I attended charged $11.00

So you don't have to pay...but you had to pay. Is it a head injury of some sort that you have? If so I suggest you attend A and E. Which is free. Or call an ambulance. Which is also free.

Unlike Oz...

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/in...ats-covered-medicare/health-care-and-medicare

Medicare doesn’t cover
We don’t pay for things like:

• ambulance services
  • most dental services
  • glasses, contact lenses and hearing aids
  • cosmetic surgery.
Oooops, you're wrong again!

Theres nothing worse than someone like you telling me about things you have little understanding of !!:rolleyes:

How do you know I don't have understanding of it? You're working on a complete assumption.

When my friend went to live in aus he more or less did exactly that, within a few weeks of arriving he had a car on finance , rented a house etc

More or less isn't the same as did it. Is it?

There are some dealerships which will cater to expats, and there are some that will do the same here. But your run-of-the-mill dealership will tell you where to go or hit you with an eye-watering rate.

Soldato
Sadly what you experience with the doctors is commonplace across the UK now. You phone up, they ask what's wrong and usually book you in to the see the nurse. I can't remember the last time I saw doctor to be honest.

This has only happened in the last few years, when the nasty party Conservatives cut the country's expenditures and resource all the way down to the bone. Now we are all feeling the impact of these cuts and crying out for something to be done. Sadly you just so happened to have returned to the UK during the impact, but hopefully things will change for the better soon.

Oh, welcome back to the UK. :D

Soldato
If only they'd bring back the 'ten pound Pom' scheme, that would prove popular. Or deportation, I'd nick a loaf of bread for a free trip to Oz.

I mean, you also get the loaf of bread free too so it's a win-win, surely! You could get free accommodation in one of those cosy offshore detention centres they have going on there (if it's full then I'm sure one of the weekly suicides will free up a bed).

Just to be clear to the OP, I'm not trying to be facetious but I think it's important to have balance and perspective here: sure, there are annoying problems in Britain but show me the country without any. Australia certainly has many.

Caporegime
Sadly what you experience with the doctors is commonplace across the UK now. You phone up, they ask what's wrong and usually book you in to the see the nurse. I can't remember the last time I saw doctor to be honest.

I had to have some blood tests recently. Had an appointment with the nurse in less than 48 hours. Can't really grumble at that.

Soldato
I had to have some blood tests recently. Had an appointment with the nurse in less than 48 hours. Can't really grumble at that.

The problem is it is a postcode lottery mate. I am not doubting anyone who says they have a great experience with their doctors. ,15 years ago mine were fantastic too. But depending on where you live the quality of the service and not only that the actual features of the service vary wildly. It's totally not fair, for better or for worse the system should be comparable where ever you live in the uk

Caporegime
The problem is it is a postcode lottery mate. I am not doubting anyone who says they have a great experience with their doctors. ,15 years ago mine were fantastic too. But depending on where you live the quality of the service and not only that the actual features of the service vary wildly. It's totally not fair, for better or for worse the system should be comparable where ever you live in the uk

As it happens I live about 3 miles from the OP.

Soldato
You dont have to pay upfront here?? Thats right because you cant see a bloody DR!!!!!! You are incorrect on having to pay upfront! You have a choice of Dr's some charge the rebatable Medicare fee and therefore you are bulk billed and pay nothing. Other Drs charge above the alloted fee and you may have to pay the out of pocket expenses. The Dr I attended charged $11.00 AUD over the rebateable amount and thats what I handed over the counter. If you receive social security in any shape or form you are provided a health care card and you do not pay any for medical consultation not do you pay for an ambulance. Ambulance cover can be purchased for approx $25.00 for a single $80.00 for a family and you are covered for everything Australia wide

As for the car, dont tell me what I cant get in Melbourne. You can obtain credit if it is secured!! I didnt get off the plane yesterday and walk into the dealership and ask for a car!! Theres nothing worse than someone like you telling me about things you have little understanding of !!:rolleyes:

You need to go to Mumsnet.... or back to Australia...

Soldato
Correct, you don't. That's right.

So you don't have to pay...but you had to pay. Is it a head injury of some sort that you have? If so I suggest you attend A and E. Which is free. Or call an ambulance. Which is also free.

Unlike Oz...

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/in...ats-covered-medicare/health-care-and-medicare

Medicare doesn’t cover
We don’t pay for things like:

• ambulance services
  • most dental services
  • glasses, contact lenses and hearing aids
  • cosmetic surgery.
Oooops, you're wrong again!

How do you know I don't have understanding of it? You're working on a complete assumption.

More or less isn't the same as did it. Is it?

There are some dealerships which will cater to expats, and there are some that will do the same here. But your run-of-the-mill dealership will tell you where to go or hit you with an eye-watering rate.

There was no issue with getting the finance , I said more or less because he didn’t go in and just pick a car instantly, he test drove a few then gave it a little time before deciding

It was a standard dealership and finance was the same as every other customer would pay, I’m not sure there is even such a thing as a dealership that specially caters for expats

Back
Top Bottom