OK which one of you lot did this?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
'He suddenly moved to walk in front of me, looked me straight in the eye, touched me on my side and walked off.

'It was quite a while - three to five seconds. He smirked at me, he didn't stop he just touched me and walked off and I broke down crying - it was quite traumatic.

'I struggled for a couple of months afterwards, I was applying for Oxford at the time and I found going to Oxford a stressful thing.

'It just makes everything a little bit scarier - if there is a guy walking towards me by himself I start to panic. It was more shocking that someone thought they had the right to touch me as I walked down the street.'

What a stupid little hoebag

Man of Honour
What a stupid little hoebag

Probably not. She's reacting in the way she's been conditioned to react - fearful, fragile, lashing out.

I get touched without my consent often. Happened twice today. It's annoying, but I wouldn't dream of trying to destroy someone's life over it even if I had the power to do so. Since I'm a man and a flunkey I don't have that much power of course, but I wouldn't want it. Not even against the person who stuck their hand between my legs while I was bent over and said "feel that!". That was the only incident I'd class as sexual assault, but it wasn't enough for me to want to destroy their life over it. There's no need for such overkill. For asexual touching without hostile intent it's ludicrously over the top. It's rude, but rudeness is not sufficient reason for destroying a person's life. What's next? Battering someone for driving badly? Breaking someone's nose for looking at you funny?

Associate
And to think >15 years ago real sexual harrasment in the office was rampant and almost accept. Now you can get someone put in jail for getting touched creepily on the arm. Probably didnt help she was under 18. What a time to be alive.
5ff92821-901e-476b-8c68-2b7c2da75115_text_hi.gif

Last edited:
Caporegime
Probably not. She's reacting in the way she's been conditioned to react - fearful, fragile, lashing out.

I get touched without my consent often. Happened twice today. It's annoying, but I wouldn't dream of trying to destroy someone's life over it even if I had the power to do so. Since I'm a man and a flunkey I don't have that much power of course, but I wouldn't want it. Not even against the person who stuck their hand between my legs while I was bent over and said "feel that!". That was the only incident I'd class as sexual assault, but it wasn't enough for me to want to destroy their life over it. There's no need for such overkill. For asexual touching without hostile intent it's ludicrously over the top. It's rude, but rudeness is not sufficient reason for destroying a person's life. What's next? Battering someone for driving badly? Breaking someone's nose for looking at you funny?
It's 2019. Making an unwanted advance on a woman is literally worse than murder. All undesirable blokes should be locked up forthwith, to prevent a poor, vulnerable (but strong, brave and equal to any man) girl from finding herself in an slightly awkward situation.

Seriously, western society is whack.

I take solace from the fact that it is on the wane/fall, and eventually will eat itself, to be replaced by something else. Which then will probably also destroy itself from within, as all successful civilisations do, given time. Rise, fall, rinse, repeat.

e: It wouldn't be so bad were it not for the fact that it is men, 99% of the time, who are expected to make the initial contact/effort. Women just get to sit there and wait for a bloke to chat them up.

But wait, if you're the wrong bloke, not the one she wanted, then get ready for the police to be involved!

Caporegime
It sure is tough being male, middle class, and white.
I imagine being middle class and white has absolutely no bearing on this situation at all. Unless you're saying that lower-class or black women are easy? :p

Being male and awkward around women is a virtual death sentence tho. It is no doubt incredibly tough.

e: The idea that being male makes anything about dating easier is complete garbage, btw. The other two are irreverent to this discussion.

Caporegime
OP
It's 2019. Making an unwanted advance on a woman is literally worse than murder. All undesirable blokes should be locked up forthwith, to prevent a poor, vulnerable (but strong, brave and equal to any man) girl from finding herself in an slightly awkward situation.

There is a difference between simply making an advance on someone and physically touching them/causing distress because you're being a complete weirdo and have grabbed them in the street for several seconds without even saying anything after having awkwardly approached them previously and creeped them out.

Being a bit awkward isn't a reason in itself for the police to get involved or for the awkward person to get locked up - it is grabbing people and not even saying anything that is the bit that gets the police involved.

Yes maybe a better looking/more sociable person might get some leniency in how girls respond to them in the street etc.. it is rather a high risk of failure either way though and they're less likely to make it creepy.

e: It wouldn't be so bad were it not for the fact that it is men, 99% of the time, who are expected to make the initial contact/effort. Women just get to sit there and wait for a bloke to chat them up.

That is starting to change a bit, especially with the increased use of apps, dating events etc.. I mean there is bumble which is designed so the girl has to initiate contact, there are speed dating events, there are all sorts of dating events out there with a theme etc..

But yes generally men approach and women choose - it is down to common sense though, chatting to random women in the street (especially if they look busy/look like they're going somewhere etc..) is likely just going to be annoying - you're being a pest. Chatting to random women in a bar/pub/club is much less likely to be annoying and more likely to be welcomed - especially if actually at the bar, in the queue to get in, or the dance floor or in the smoking area outside etc.. less so if they're sat with friends at a table away from the bar. Not that people are constrained to finding someone in bars/clubs - there are plenty of social situations where you'd meet people but I guess bars/clubs are most common for people with whom you have no mutual interests or mutual friends.

This PUA stuff gives a completely false impression to some guys, clearly the guy who posted here with the creepy youtube video was influenced by it and it seems likely that the guy in this case was too, he'd been searching online for this stuff and has bound to have come across it and it probably influenced his decision to go and awkwardly approach girls in the street.

Caporegime
That is starting to change a bit, especially with the increased use of apps, dating events etc.. I mean there is bumble which is designed so the girl has to initiate contact, there are speed dating events, there are all sorts of dating events out there with a theme etc..
It really isn't tho.

Women on dating sites now get to pick and choose men like never before.

Dating sites are actually conditioning women that they can reject all but the top 5% of men. Then complain later on in life that there are "no good men" available, because they're all after the great looking, high-earning, smart, successful, top 5%. Joe Shmoe is no longer good enough (for anyone).

Blokes are still expected to make the initial approach tho. Admittedly I've never heard of "bumble".

Soldato
You can see how bad things are. Just in the course of this thread, men have gone from having to be in the top 20% to having to be in the top 5%.

Maybe the Incels are right after all. ;)

Soldato
This PUA stuff gives a completely false impression to some guys, clearly the guy who posted here with the creepy youtube video was influenced by it and it seems likely that the guy in this case was too, he'd been searching online for this stuff and has bound to have come across it and it probably influenced his decision to go and awkwardly approach girls in the street.

Youtube seems to be making a stand on this kind of content and are deleting videos or banning accounts: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-50006240

Caporegime
I feel sorry for him and yet I don’t. Hmm.

I mean... it’s pretty easy to avoid being referred to the police when making conversation.

Maybe I’m one of the top 20%?
I was once (years ago this is as well) reported to my (temporary) manager by two female co-workers. My crime? I attempted to join in the conversation they were having.

I was a temp and only worked in their office for a week. In that time they basically refused to acknowledge my existence. They wouldn't say hello, ignored me if I greeted them, and generally just spent the whole day chatting to themselves whilst I worked in complete silence.

My (temporary) manager upheld their complaint. She pulled me aside and said they had no interest in talking to me, and that I was there to do a job and nothing more. I was strongly advised to keep quiet and not try talking to them again.

This was several years ago, and things have only got worse since. If you're ugly or socially awkward, even having a friendly conversation is impossible (with some girls).

Caporegime
It really isn't tho.

Women on dating sites now get to pick and choose men like never before.

Dating sites are actually conditioning women that they can reject all but the top 5% of men. Then complain later on in life that there are "no good men" available, because they're all after the great looking, high-earning, smart, successful, top 5%. Joe Shmoe is no longer good enough (for anyone).

Blokes are still expected to make the initial approach tho. Admittedly I've never heard of "bumble".

Are you currently in a relationship? Because you sound quite bitter.

Back
Top Bottom