What the Health Documentary on Netlifx.

Caporegime
Nah, I'm just miffed at your attitude. You're never interested in the topic, you're just out to try and pick holes to prove people wrong in your opinion. If you were interested in the topic, you'd not be so challenging. So as always, go **** yourself.

LOL I literally commented on the topic, you're just miffed because you posted some nonsense claim and got called out. The fact that you're so miffed you had to drag it into another thread and are still wound up/abusive over it is rather amusing... I suggest you calm down.

Caporegime
Yes, Daddy, whatever you say. Come spank me some more, and prove what a man you are.

This has nothing to do with this thread - you're carrying over something from another thread where you did behave like a child with a smacked arse after making a claim that was total and utter nonsense. I don't really know what you want here but it is rather sad that you're so wound up by it...

Caporegime
Yes, yes, I am your sad, pathetic disingenuous little bitch, Daddy. You spank me good and proper in every thread and there is just no winning with you.
Whatever you ******* say, Daddy.

^^^ when facts offend people.

If anyone is confused by the above and wants context then basically ttaskmaster is the equivalent of a weight loss flat earther - the laws of the universe don't apply to him apparently... he can eat a super low calorie diet for over a month and "lose nothing"...

It started around here

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/33044882/

Its got little to do with this thread though so I'll try to leave it there...

Permabanned
The food came first, then brain development. The discovery of cooking meat allowed our species to unlock and easily digest vast amounts of nutrients in relatively small meals, leaving us more time for other development.

Other mammals entire lives revolves around the search for food in the case of hunters or sitting there chewing and digesting massive amounts of vegetation to gain small amounts of nutrients, like cows and apes (huge jaws and stomachs).

One thing vegans can't seem to answer is if humans are herbivores then why is it so difficult, as in nigh on impossible, to survive purely on foraging, yet you can survive comfortably hunting and eating animals in almost cave man conditions. You see it every year on programmes likes Bear Grylls where the islanders visibly wilt away without animal proteins.

To survive on a herbivore diet you need advanced farming, sourcing of plantation, fruit and seeds from all corners of the earth and increasingly highly complex supplements.

I applaud anyone who can be healthy on a vegan diet, but we as a species are not

This makes no sense because go back far enough to early humans there would have been only a few humans and more resources. For example people would live in an area forage and then move again. Look at the way Indians used San Franciso bay as a natural food source because wild rice would have grown there they used it and moved on. You can survive easily on foraging IF you go back far enough in human history and live in the right climate.

Different groups had to change diet of course, Northern Europeans had no choice but to eat milk and dairy it was the only way to survive the winter. That undoubtably changed Europeans. The mineral density arguemet is also a bad one because again modern fruits and veg are the phenotypes bred for highest mass not highest vitamin count. This is why they project five a day fruit will become 7 a day our farming and selection has left our fruit and vegetables with less vitamins that our early ancestors enjoyed. For all we know early man in a warm climate might need two a day for his daily vitamins. His problem is not the amount, But the variations of the fruits etc.

Caporegime
The mineral density arguemet is also a bad one because again modern fruits and veg are the phenotypes bred for highest mass not highest vitamin count. This is why they project five a day fruit will become 7 a day our farming and selection has left our fruit and vegetables with less vitamins that our early ancestors enjoyed. For all we know early man in a warm climate might need two a day for his daily vitamins. His problem is not the amount, But the variations of the fruits etc.

While there is some evidence that there has been a reduction of vitamins in fruit & vegetables due to soil depletion, that reduction is not nutritionally significant. Fruit & vegetables still contain far more nutrients than we need every day, so we're not exactly missing out.

Not only that, but fruit & vegetables with a higher nutritional content can be grown if necessary, and there is plenty of economic motivation to do so.

Associate
Which parts make no sense? The fact that you can't survive purely on forgaging? Name me one civilisation or group that have survived on a purely vegan diet?

Native Americans would often move around with the buffalo and became experts on preserving meats to last through periods where they had to move to areas with no livestock due to the climate

Whilst there are groups who live on a near vegetarian diet (parts of China, Arab states or Japan) the adapted diet always contained some kind of animal product which satisfied the need for B12. Even to survive long term you would need an environment that had natural resources of protein rich grain, seeds and nuts as well fatty acid oil rich foods. Fruit is not needed to maintain a healthy diet other than offering immediate easily digested sugars for energy.

Back
Top Bottom