CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060
SSD: HyperX Savage 120GB
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200 C16 2x16GB
MBD: Asus PRIME Z390-A
Corsair H100i V2

SOLVED TEMP ISSUES
the mounting bracket that comes with your H100i for Intel Chip is not tight enough therefore the cooling block doesn't make enough contact with the CPU.
Made myself some custom washers to sit on the back of the MOBO with the H100i Mounting Bracket to add 1/32" between the Mounting Bracket and back of MotherBoard.
Went from 100C under load before fix to 50C under 50% load.

I hope this solves someone's similar problem.
Going through this entire thread gave me the idea as I had gone through all other options.
When fitting my H100i V2 I found the back plate to be loose but once I tightened the cooler down it was fine.

Soldato
Indeed, many mounts are loose until waterblock/cooler is mounted onto them.

That said, I've heard of others having problems with Corsair (Asetek) CLCs having mounting issues like this.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
As the OP.. here goes
After playing COD MW recently, my temps were peaking again and I got fed up.
1070ti on a 120 aio (custom bodge mount ;) and the 9700k on a 240 aio oc'd to 4.8
GPU was hitting 75 and the CPU was hovering at 70 odd..

So I removed all the cooling and fans, cleaned out, and discovered my MOLEX TO 3 PIN PUMP POWER was 5v (red) not 12v (yellow)
FFS
So as I was using a fan splitter, it was limiting the pump speed for both the GPU and CPU aio's.
I've tried using the AIO header on the board and didnt find it helped much (the speed kept changing) and I like my pumps to stay at 100%.

Now it's using 12v, reseated both aio's with some new Noctua fans and it's running like an absolute dream.
Also I HIGHLY recommend using Argus Monitor for Fan control (30 day free trial) and it's only £7 for 2 computer license. (no i'm not an employee just loving it!)
I'm using mobo headers to run the fans on the GPU aio so Argus allows me to monitor the gpu temp for those fans, stuff like that.

Now Prime95 hits max 72 on smallffts, 62 on mixed.
GPU maxes out at 55 in MW.. and it's super super silent.

So much happier.. yay!

Merry Christmas All!

Back
Top Bottom