• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Apparently New Cod is 150+ gb? That's crazy, 500gb this day of age is just stupid, considering how cheap storage is these days.

Games on the PS5 should be smaller as they won't need to have replicated data in the installs to ensure slow mechanical harddrives can stream in game assets at a decent speed.
Also the vastly more powerful zen CPU should open up the way for better compression.

Caporegime
I actually hope it is £499 with a Bill of Materials at £599 because then it will have decent tech. Let's see if they are willing to absorb some of the initial launch costs or whether they will cheap out on things.

Although, if they do a SKU at £399 for 1TB SSD and have a £499 2TB option, I would pick the latter.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I actually hope it is £499 with a Bill of Materials at £599 because then it will have decent tech. Let's see if they are willing to absorb some of the initial launch costs or whether they will cheap out on things.

Although, if they do a SKU at £399 for 1TB SSD and have a £499 2TB option, I would pick the latter.
Yeah, I am happy with that. They should give people options. I would never pay extra £100 for 1tb extra storage for example. Not worth it for my needs and it ends up making the price a lot less attractive to me.

Soldato

My instinct is to say they won't do loss-leading any more, but with PS+ etc and games as a service in general bringing in quite a lot of money, it would probably work if they can get people onto subscriptions and digital games from the outset.

Yep I'd be fine with that, especially if the storage ends up being something that can't be upgraded later.

I've never really been able to justify buying a console at launch before but I can afford it now (and hopefully at launch too!), and if the back-compatibility with PS4 games is there for the most part that'll make the decision even easier. I've had every PS so far and always used it far, far more than any other console I also had at the time, so I'm as good as sold on the PS5 already unless they make a mess of it in the next 12 months.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
My instinct is to say they won't do loss-leading any more, but with PS+ etc and games as a service in general bringing in quite a lot of money, it would probably work if they can get people onto subscriptions and digital games from the outset.

Yep I'd be fine with that, especially if the storage ends up being something that can't be upgraded later.

I've never really been able to justify buying a console at launch before but I can afford it now (and hopefully at launch too!), and if the back-compatibility with PS4 games is there for the most part that'll make the decision even easier. I've had every PS so far and always used it far, far more than any other console I also had at the time, so I'm as good as sold on the PS5 already unless they make a mess of it in the next 12 months.
Backward compatibility is key for me to pick it up at launch. If I read anywhere that it won’t be, then I may get a PS4 pro for a year or two then upgrade later as there are a few games on there I won’t to play. But I am pretty sure it will be backwards compatible. Can’t see why not really apart from laziness from dev to do a few updates.

Soldato
That is horrendous, but definitely looks like it was designed for optimum cooling with a monitor sat on top. I can't imagine (and am really hoping) the actual console will bear any resemblance.

Back
Top Bottom